PDA

View Full Version : VW Passat B6 2006

electro10
20th February, 2023, 07:05 PM
Hi all,

I have the next situation:

1) VW Passat B6. In past had a problem with ignition and another guy did immo off, disable another devices, and more... so, car comes me with ERROR message in dashboard, an emulator inside ECU, many lights on in dashboard without reason, differents VIN in car, etc etc.,

2) So, i bought on ebay a kit with: dashboard, confort module, ECU, key reader and central module. But without ESL.

Now, car no starts. I think that problem is from ESL, because is coded to before ECU.

So, in this situation, what is the best solution to disable ESL? I tried adapt this ESL, but I donīt know why, no sucess...

Thank you a lot

Stopro92
20th February, 2023, 07:16 PM
Can you unlock the car on the old set?

BadeaCristian
20th February, 2023, 09:37 PM
Hi all,

I have the next situation:

1) VW Passat B6. In past had a problem with ignition and another guy did immo off, disable another devices, and more... so, car comes me with ERROR message in dashboard, an emulator inside ECU, many lights on in dashboard without reason, differents VIN in car, etc etc.,

2) So, i bought on ebay a kit with: dashboard, confort module, ECU, key reader and central module. But without ESL.

Now, car no starts. I think that problem is from ESL, because is coded to before ECU.

So, in this situation, what is the best solution to disable ESL? I tried adapt this ESL, but I donīt know why, no sucess...

Thank you a lot

Hello there,

there is no solution for disable ESL. You have to buy a new ESL a learn it with ODIS.
It's not clear for me why you change the entire starting kit since you could repair the old one by understanding what was done and how.

Passat B6 it's very simple from immo point of view (ECU, ESL and confort module + Key).
The rest of the failure they are present due to the lost coding on ABS or other failures, if you need help ping me separate and we can try to restore the car using original parts.

volodin69
20th February, 2023, 09:57 PM
All happened because of immo off. Most probably, have been ok to change the ESL first on it instead of making immo off.

Stopro92
20th February, 2023, 10:08 PM
I do not know if immo off has an impact on it... I did immo off in a6 c6 and there was no problem. But if you can unlock the esl on the old ecu, you can try to leave it in unlocked mode and then try to put on a new set. Here you have how it should be done. https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/461218-Steering-lock-passat-b6-how-to-deactivate

electro10
21st February, 2023, 01:49 PM
Thanks all by answers.

ESL is unlocked, but not adapted in new kit that I bought.

The situation is that I donīt know what other guy did on car.

So, there is any possible to put ECU, ESL and confort module "virgin" ? After, I can adapt this parts and program key. Is a good solution?

Thank you all

Stopro92
21st February, 2023, 02:15 PM
Maybe the fastest will also be to turn off the immo ecu in the new set? If esl unlocks it when you turn off immo, the car should start.

volodin69
23rd February, 2023, 07:22 AM
Let me explain why is not a good solution the immo off... every passat b6 went to this garrage, came with esl problem and immo off(cheap solution). So, it looks like after some time, if you don't change the esl with a new one (or repair it) and you make ecu immo off, the IMMO ACTIVE message and a lot of lights in dash will come back after a while. Changing the ccm or other modules from scrap without coding them, will turn the hazard lights every time you start the car ect...
So, the best option is code all on the car, do immo on, code new esl and your car will be ok.
Btw, @Stopro92 A6 4F is not the same car as Passat B6. But on A6 4F you can buy esl emulator from alix, clone the ori data to it and solve the thing easy.

electro10
25th February, 2023, 12:51 PM
So, my situation is:

With "original" parts:
- ECU with immo off
- Confort module is from another car, because VIN is different
- Instrument cluster I think that is original
- ESL I think that is original

With ebay kit:
- ECU, Confort module, instrument cluster and key from same car
- ESL adapted on this car but not in ebay kit.
- Car not start

My points now:
- only to check, I put the original ECU (witho immo off) in ebay kit and car starts.
- with ebay kit mounted in car, I tried adapt ESL to this kit, but no sucesso, always error

So, my questions are:
1) Is possible use original parts and write right and same MAC, CS, PC and VIN in cluster, confort module and ECU?
2) Is possible adapt ESL to ebay kit and after change VIN from kit parts to VIN car?

Thank you a lot

Stopro92
25th February, 2023, 01:18 PM
@Volodin69 I know that these are not the same cars but the principle of operation is similar, I do not say that immo off is a better solution, although when there are problems with coding sometimes it is just easier and faster,And cheaper above all the more that they are no longer new cars. However, as for the problem with esl as you say, you can also get around it, which shows even a link from the forum that I posted in the post above

@elektro10
I think that if you have abrites then you should be able to program everything to work like the original.

electro10
25th February, 2023, 03:32 PM
@Volodin69 I know that these are not the same cars but the principle of operation is similar, I do not say that immo off is a better solution, although when there are problems with coding sometimes it is just easier and faster,And cheaper above all the more that they are no longer new cars. However, as for the problem with esl as you say, you can also get around it, which shows even a link from the forum that I posted in the post above

@elektro10
I think that if you have abrites then you should be able to program everything to work like the original.

Thanks by your answer.
I have AVDI with VAG special functions v21.0, but I tried adapt with IM608. I will try with AVDI