PDA

View Full Version : 2005 E46 EWS dump problem

Fx323i
2nd April, 2010, 07:11 PM
Hi, I have read the data out of EWS module (SW03, HW08, 0D46J MCU). The car is a 2005 BMW E46 330xD, data was read and saved by the AK-90 interface. When I try to make a new transponder, AK-90 and Gambit 2 say that the EWS dump is corrupted. In the EWS Editor everything seems to be OK, it shows me all the data like equipment coding, proper mileage, VIN code, all 10 keys and their states (3x used: 0-2, 7x unused: 3-9). I have the dump on my laptop and do not have acces to it right now.

I will get to it tomorrow, but now I'm asking if anyone has an idea, what could be wrong when it works with the EWS editor (but I don't have the interface for it, I downloaded it here just for getting more detailed info)...

bali motor
2nd April, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hi, I have read the data out of EWS module (SW03, HW08, 0D46J MCU). The car is a 2005 BMW E46 330xD, data was read and saved by the AK-90 interface. When I try to make a new transponder, AK-90 and Gambit 2 say that the EWS dump is corrupted. In the EWS Editor everything seems to be OK, it shows me all the data like equipment coding, proper mileage, VIN code, all 10 keys and their states (3x used: 0-2, 7x unused: 3-9). I have the dump on my laptop and do not have acces to it right now.

I will get to it tomorrow, but now I'm asking if anyone has an idea, what could be wrong when it works with the EWS editor (but I don't have the interface for it, I downloaded it here just for getting more detailed info)...

you post dump, i will help you..

Fx323i
2nd April, 2010, 07:36 PM
Here it is... Gave it a try now with the demo of Gambit 1.72 and it worked, but I don't have a full version to check it properly (my device is Chinese, not from scorpion-lk)

cjawahir
2nd April, 2010, 07:50 PM
look ok to me , use bmw keymaker , gambit , and ews editor .

cj

bali motor
2nd April, 2010, 07:51 PM
Here it is... Gave it a try now with the demo of Gambit 1.72 and it worked, but I don't have a full version to check it properly (my device is Chinese, not from scorpion-lk)

dump your no problem it ok.
if you want to buy a "hardware EWS editors' place here:
EWS Editor Light ? AVTOTOOLS (http://www.avtotools.com/index.php?productID=121)
http://www.cardiagnostictools.com/keyr.shtml

if you need program key bmw use this:
China ECU Tools Centre (http://ecutool.com/productshow.asp?id=1021&sortsid=3511&sorts=Key%20Programmer)

bali motor
2nd April, 2010, 07:56 PM
you see this program, your dump is ok.

Fx323i
2nd April, 2010, 08:14 PM
Yes, in EWS Editor it also seems OK. I have the Gambit 2 and AK-90 devices. Both of them have the key making for EWS3 function and both of them are telling me that the data is incorrect even if it's not.

For example, my Gambit software is the same as in this link (first post):

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f104/gambit-projects-67342/

Never had this problem before, but now I tried two cars: '02 330d and '05 330xD and there the problem is. Tomorrow I'll make screenshots...

Seems like some weird software problem, because in the gambit 1.72 demo the dump is OK... But it's a demo and doesn't write transponders.

cjawahir
3rd April, 2010, 12:58 AM
use this gambit , you can check the dump with out the interface cable , click on tool , special , bmw , ews3 , then open file, load dump .

cj

teerak2uk
3rd April, 2010, 08:45 AM
Seems ok here check your details

Fx323i
3rd April, 2010, 10:12 AM
use this gambit , you can check the dump with out the interface cable , click on tool , special , bmw , ews3 , then open file, load dump .

cj

I did this yesterday and I wrote that in the DEMO it's OK, but in my Gambit v2.07 which is the same like in the link I posted yesterday it doesn't work... :-(

Does anyone have a full version of the Gambit software in the demo? The version from the link I posted doesn't work in this case, although for my dumps up to end of 2001 E46s it works fine...

I'm a little confused because the dump is OK and none of my 2 programmes for devices I have is able to interprete them correctly.

obdmaster
3rd April, 2010, 11:40 AM
I did this yesterday and I wrote that in the DEMO it's OK, but in my Gambit v2.07 which is the same like in the link I posted yesterday it doesn't work... :-(

Does anyone have a full version of the Gambit software in the demo? The version from the link I posted doesn't work in this case, although for my dumps up to end of 2001 E46s it works fine...

I'm a little confused because the dump is OK and none of my 2 programmes for devices I have is able to interprete them correctly.

Try loading software onto different pc m8, sound like youve got a software conflict.:beer:

Worth a try nothing to lose m8

Fx323i
4th April, 2010, 07:40 PM
No success on another PC :-( I'll try my other laptop, hope it would help...

Fx323i
8th April, 2010, 12:40 AM
The problem is, that the only software, with which I can open the dump without an error message "Dump corrupted" or similar, is EWS Editor. With AK90 and Gambit 2.07 all I get is the error message. I have the AK90 and Gambit devices, with EWS Dumps till 2001 model year of cars both of them work well. I suppose it's some software problem. Tried on 3 PCs, same results. With the demo of Gambit software from scorpio-lk.com the newer EWS dumps work also well. Don't know what to do now... :-(

I read the dumps using the AK90 device, posted one of them here, and everybody told me that the dump is OK.

cjawahir
8th April, 2010, 12:47 AM
i also tried it on bmw key maker and it was ready to write to chip .

is the car starting now with the original key , or you dont have any key and you are trying to make one

cj

Fx323i
8th April, 2010, 12:51 AM
I have just one key, starts fine also after reading the dump. I really suppose a problem in software supplied with both of the devices... If you had the gambit interface, you could try it on your PC with software from this forum (somewhere here is the same version as I have)... On my 3 PCs always an error message :-(

cjawahir
8th April, 2010, 12:58 AM
you can do two thing ask someone here to make it for you.

or try another programmer .

what country are you from ?

cj

Fx323i
8th April, 2010, 01:01 AM
I'm from the Czech Republic.

I'd like to solve this problem because I'd like to make keys for some friends that have just one key from the car... Right now I'm trying to get the original software from Scorpio-LK. Maybe it would help.

cjawahir
8th April, 2010, 01:07 AM
i am very far away from you my friend , maybe some one here , i dont know .

i live in Trinidad and Tobago the Caribbean island .

cj

MJPOWER
8th April, 2010, 01:30 AM
Hello,Guys

FX323i i just edited you dump to be used with gambit without any error message

teerak2uk
8th April, 2010, 08:24 AM
@Fx323i

it would be nice if you would thank people that are helping you

Fx323i
8th April, 2010, 11:04 AM
Teerak: I'm sorry, I was so much focused on the solution :) Thanks all of you of course.

MJPower: I'll give it a try, hope it will work. If possible, could you please tell me how did you edit the dump? Thanks a lot...

EDIT: The dump from you doesn't work with AK-90 either. I'll try on Gambit now...
EDIT2: I gave it a try with gambit. It worked, so I made a transponder and then checked with AK-90. It shows the VIN code WB00000000000, mileage is 0 (but it should be corrected after the first start of the car). I'll test if it works this afternoon I hope, so I'll tell you. Thanks a lot anyway, even this is a success! :-)

teerak2uk
8th April, 2010, 11:56 AM
yes when car is started then all info should be sent to keys from ews

cjawahir
8th April, 2010, 01:55 PM
Teerak: I'm sorry, I was so much focused on the solution :) Thanks all of you of course.

MJPower: I'll give it a try, hope it will work. If possible, could you please tell me how did you edit the dump? Thanks a lot...

EDIT: The dump from you doesn't work with AK-90 either. I'll try on Gambit now...
EDIT2: I gave it a try with gambit. It worked, so I made a transponder and then checked with AK-90. It shows the VIN code WB00000000000, mileage is 0 (but it should be corrected after the first start of the car). I'll test if it works this afternoon I hope, so I'll tell you. Thanks a lot anyway, even this is a success! :-)

i also check MJPOWER edit dump ,and it shows the correct vin and mileage not 000000 , maybe something is not right with the ak90.

cj

MJPOWER
8th April, 2010, 03:03 PM

You are welcome any time . Regarding AK-90 if not working with that Dump that is normal in any Chinese Prog just use gambit. ;)

Fx323i
9th April, 2010, 12:02 AM
MJPOWER: Thank you VERY MUCH! It works and starts the car :-)

The VIN code WB0000... was read from the key, the EWS dump shows it correctly. I'll give it a try once more tomorrow to read it again from the key, because it's now in my friend's hands and I didn't take my equipment to the service with me today.

If possible, could you please tell me what did you edit in the dump to make it work?

MJPOWER
9th April, 2010, 12:43 AM
MJPOWER: Thank you VERY MUCH! It works and starts the car :-)

The VIN code WB0000... was read from the key, the EWS dump shows it correctly. I'll give it a try once more tomorrow to read it again from the key, because it's now in my friend's hands and I didn't take my equipment to the service with me today.

If possible, could you please tell me what did you edit in the dump to make it work?

you are welcome any time if you what to know what i did Please PM

Fx323i
9th April, 2010, 12:47 AM
Posted instead of PM, sorry :)

druvi
18th September, 2010, 02:33 PM
Hi,

Need to program a couple of BMW keys - just a one time thing - dont want to spend a lot of cash. Does the Gambit 2 clone available from ebay actually work ?

Cheers,
Druvi

Fx323i
20th September, 2010, 12:57 PM
It works, but you need to get a dump of EWS unit, with which it can't help you.