PDA

View Full Version : Need to change the gauge cluster SAFELY!

JBandara20
29th April, 2024, 10:15 AM
Hello! I have the following gauge cluster in my cruze.

(She actually has 137900km now)

But, from few months ago, the cluster randomly blinks lights (TRC, Stabilitrac), and my car does not come with them. It is rare, but it comes. Now, the backlight bulbs are gone also! While searching in the forums, I found out someone who could swap the cluster to the larger display one(he does not have good info about the software)! Since mine is RHD, Auto, LTZ model with VM Motori engine (Pre 2012), no TPMS, 220km/h top speed, I want to know how can I get a cluster from a Vauxhall/ an Opel Insignia and swap it to here? Because, the Insignia has 270 top speed, TPMS, oil life indicator, LHD/RHD/boost presure etc.

The main thing to this swap is to get a digital speedo, 0-100 timer, oil pressure/ voltage /boost pressure and more!

I have a tight budget for this(50$)! I found some clusters for 50-60 dollars+free shipping. So I also cannot hire a programmer to make a custom file for me!

The questions are,
Do I need a lower mileage cluster than my car? Because I also don't have access to GM SPS.
Can I program it to remove the TPMS warning, speedo from 270 to 220 km/h, while retaining the "Cool features" mentioned?
Is it critical to have a diesel cluster?

(I need info before buying a cluster! And I don't want to mess up my father's car!)

Attached is a bin from my current cluster (Got about in 127xxx km, so not new)!

My car's options are (don't know all);
Automatic wipers, sunroof, cruise control, Automatic trans, keyless entry+push start, fog lights (no auto headlights) and 2.0 TD engine.

Thanks!