PDA

View Full Version : Tacho killed scenic dashboard

gigabyte
18th April, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hello mates,
I had to calibrate the odometer of Renault Scenic Jaeger before 1999. I tried with Tacho Universal 2008 like described in the pdf for that model. Cut the track of pin 5 and soldered wires like in the picture. After selecting the right model Tacho shows 'working...', after 5-10 min there ware no result ... still 'working...'.
Then I switched off Tacho, desolder all wires and recover the cut track of pin 5.
Powering on the dashboard on the car:
- display not working
- fuel and water indicators goes HI
- other indicators LO and don't work
Any help?
Thanks

PS: later I can post photos of my work

drpeter
18th April, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hello mates,
I had to calibrate the odometer of Renault Scenic Jaeger before 1999. I tried with Tacho Universal 2008 like described in the pdf for that model. Cut the track of pin 5 and soldered wires like in the picture. After selecting the right model Tacho shows 'working...', after 5-10 min there ware no result ... still 'working...'.
Then I switched off Tacho, desolder all wires and recover the cut track of pin 5.
Powering on the dashboard on the car:
- display not working
- fuel and water indicators goes HI
- other indicators LO and don't work
Any help?
Thanks

PS: later I can post photos of my work

This in not an easy cluster to work on, I always use a needle to program (pin 5 ), solder a wire on a needle pin5 and hold the needle on pin 5 with your hand during programming. Read fast and program slow (just like Alfa) I think your software is corrupt, or you have a short somewhere.
It is a very small processor so look good if the solderings are ok.

gigabyte
18th April, 2010, 01:01 PM
Here is the pic. I checked all the cutting and connecting with a closer look and didn't see any failure.
Is it possible only reading to destroy the proc?

drpeter
18th April, 2010, 01:20 PM
Here is the pic. I checked all the cutting and connecting with a closer look and didn't see any failure.
Is it possible only reading to destroy the proc?

You can only damage the processor if there was a short or wrong connected.

3+4+5 should connect, its better to solder the processor pins to make contact, to be sure. Then try again.

gigabyte
18th April, 2010, 05:07 PM
No m8, still not working, any other suggestions? :banghead:

diga1
18th April, 2010, 05:08 PM
i vas trying to read many jaeger clusters vith diga and never succeded. so i dont do them any more vith diga
yust solder those three pins together and cluster shuld vork (3,4,5)

gigabyte
18th April, 2010, 05:29 PM
i vas trying to read many jaeger clusters vith diga and never succeded. so i dont do them any more vith diga
yust solder those three pins together and cluster shuld vork (3,4,5)
I do a triple check of thous 3 pins and they are connected...I thing I have blown the proc