PDA

View Full Version : Read eprom for meredes sprinter 5p08

charlie-h
30th April, 2010, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone, I hope you can help. I have been looking at and reading the immo threads paying attention to the Mercedes start error on sprinter and vito. I have used the dump files supplied by members to examine and read the data and view the vin number etc.
I have a few old sprinter ecus and I would like to read the eprom 5p08 on the board.
Here are my questions

I am using a seeprog programmer to read the eprom. I need to know which is pin 1. I suspect it is nearest the lever but can someone confirm this.

The eprom on the board does not have any markings for pin 1. How do I determine which is pin 1

Can the eprom be read in circuit or does it need to be de-soldered.

Can anyone tell me the port settings for the communication with the programmer? I am using immokiller software to try and read the eprom.

I have included some photos and screen shots that may help.

I would eventually like to virginise the eprom so I can alter the variant coding and also marry it to the immobiliser. I have star diagnosis so I will be able to carry out this process.
Please bare in mind I have not done this before so your patience will be appreciated. Any tips and hinds will be greatly received

kevfield
30th April, 2010, 09:37 PM
I use UPA to read 5P08 pin 1 is on side where corner is cut off , meaning if corner cut off is on your left hand side pin 1 is at the top left.

Thanks kev

pawliukazz
30th April, 2010, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone, I hope you can help. I have been looking at and reading the immo threads paying attention to the Mercedes start error on sprinter and vito. I have used the dump files supplied by members to examine and read the data and view the vin number etc.
I have a few old sprinter ecus and I would like to read the eprom 5p08 on the board.
Here are my questions

I am using a seeprog programmer to read the eprom. I need to know which is pin 1. I suspect it is nearest the lever but can someone confirm this.

The eprom on the board does not have any markings for pin 1. How do I determine which is pin 1

Can the eprom be read in circuit or does it need to be de-soldered.

Can anyone tell me the port settings for the communication with the programmer? I am using immokiller software to try and read the eprom.

I have included some photos and screen shots that may help.

I would eventually like to virginise the eprom so I can alter the variant coding and also marry it to the immobiliser. I have star diagnosis so I will be able to carry out this process.
Please bare in mind I have not done this before so your patience will be appreciated. Any tips and hinds will be greatly received
1. Pin 1 usualy is marked with a dot near it. if i remember correctly, on 5p08 there must be white dot near pin 1.

2. Eprom can't be read in circuit, it must be desoldered.

3. You are using one of elneec's programmer. it can only be connection with the original program, no other programs (plus seeprog uses LTP port if i remember correctly and has no com, its impossible to read with im*o killer). Download software from here
http://www.elnec.com/sw/pg4uwarc.exe
read the eprom, save the file, open it with im*okiller, kill the im*o, save modified file, grab new file with programmer software, write eprom.

5. Use thanks button :D

charlie-h
30th April, 2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your replies, i will act on this info. Any more input from members will be greatly received

charlie-h
19th July, 2010, 06:22 PM
Please can someone have a look at the photo of the seeprog programmer and tell me which is pin 1. There is no info that comes with the programmer. If you look at the immage next to the din socket there is a cut out at the top. Does this mean pin 1 is by the lever or in the oppersite corner. Reason i am asking is that i can not seem to read the 95p08 eprom and i wondered if i have in wrong position and destroyed it.
Many thanks

key
20th July, 2010, 10:12 AM
Please can someone have a look at the photo of the seeprog programmer and tell me which is pin 1. There is no info that comes with the programmer. If you look at the immage next to the din socket there is a cut out at the top. Does this mean pin 1 is by the lever or in the oppersite corner. Reason i am asking is that i can not seem to read the 95p08 eprom and i wondered if i have in wrong position and destroyed it.
Many thanks

Here you go, enjoy :)

charlie-h
16th August, 2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for that, i hope to make some progress now.

charlie-h
19th August, 2010, 10:13 PM
I have managed to read the 95p08 eprom. Please can anyone virginise the dump so i can personalse with star diagnosis. Thanks

damih
19th August, 2010, 11:30 PM
Hello,write this dump no need recod