PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Passat Immo help

stupidguy
9th June, 2010, 06:20 PM
Hi all,
Have an 06 Passat that was told by dealer needs a new immo unit. I have VAS V15 and Vag 908, I would need Pin code to replace correct? Any chance this could be read with kline interface? I have that as well. Thanks for any advise. Don't want to promise customer and have to take back to the dealer.

Greg

tsistvan
9th June, 2010, 06:35 PM
Hi!
what u want chage?What ecu in the car? Do you have any eeprom programmer?

regards: Istvan

carsolution
9th June, 2010, 06:42 PM
Friend.
Tell us the ECU number, it must be an EDC16 from BOSCH and after that I can tell you the eeprom you must read to kill the immo.
Best regards,
Nuno

stupidguy
9th June, 2010, 06:59 PM
I just want to be able to replace the immo and recode it. I wasn't looking to disable the immo. I would need the pin to recode it correct? Thanks, never done much immo work, especially on VW.

tsistvan
9th June, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hi!

I don't understand what you want to do? what you want replace? Ecu? comfort module? steeringlock? please tell!

Istvan:giveup:

FAL
9th June, 2010, 07:32 PM
Hi all,
Have an 06 Passat that was told by dealer needs a new immo unit. I have VAS V15 and Vag 908, I would need Pin code to replace correct? Any chance this could be read with kline interface? I have that as well. Thanks for any advise. Don't want to promise customer and have to take back to the dealer.

Greg

According to VAG-COM:

Starting April 1, 2005, VW/Audi dealerships switched to the new GEKO system, whereby their factory scan tools dial up the factory while connected to a car. Under this system, the technician no longer sees the SKC at all and you will need to bring your vehicle into the dealer to have immobilizer work performed.
If it's a 2006MY, then i assume it's a Mk6 and uses CANbus instead of K-Line now. I think this is going to need either your VAS or VAG Commander software, to code in the new immobiliser box and program in the old keys. I don't know how you'll get the PIN code though? I might be wrong, but hopefully one of the VAG guys will read this and give you a definitive answer.
Kind Regards,
FAL

stupidguy
9th June, 2010, 10:47 PM
Never mind guys. I got more info from the customer and it only needs Steering immo control module (steering lock) and can be replaced and coded with VAS. Thanks everyone, and sorry for such a jackass question.

Floyd
16th July, 2010, 07:17 PM
Never mind guys. I got more info from the customer and it only needs Steering immo control module (steering lock) and can be replaced and coded with VAS. Thanks everyone, and sorry for such a jackass question.

It can only be done with vas via GeKo, so your wrong in what you say.