PDA

View Full Version : astra pincode

cqae
27th September, 2010, 08:32 AM
hi all could someone help me with the pincode from this dump?

Its is from an astra g the dump is from the tms370 in the immo control unit.
I am pretty new at this & was using xprog for the first time.
also how do i know which of the tms370s to select in the list of devices? there are 3 that use the same adaptor, but they all seemed to work?
going by my searches of previous posts, I would guess my pincode is 9336?
also I seem to be getting errors during the verification step, anyone got any ideas on this?
thanks in advance guys

Fallen
27th September, 2010, 08:42 AM
Hi cqae.
Your bang on with the pin code, well done.

Xprog's are a bit finicky with power supply's.
It's ok to read small soic-8 chips with USB power but for bigger chips you need at least 15v external power.

As to which TMS370 to select, I always use the 1st one, though, like you said, they all work!

I'm about to move down to Tasmania for work.
What's it like as a city mate?

cqae
27th September, 2010, 09:08 AM
its actually a pretty cool place. As you said you are moving down, I guess from nsw or qld? bit slower than sydney, but home is home I guess!
feel free to look me up when you are down mate, I thanked you for the tms370 guide in another post, but what the hell, thanks again! but youve been a big help to me & due to my inexperience here & can offer little in return. But I do run a little auto elec business down here & have about 6 scan tools, so when you are down if you ever want me to return the favour done hesitate to ask.
what do you do for work mate?

cqae
27th September, 2010, 09:10 AM
and in regards to the power supply, I was using a little 15v 180ma unit where I can select the voltage, do you think I need one with a bigger amperage to avoid the read errors?

Fallen
27th September, 2010, 09:18 AM
Cheers mate, I will look you up for a beer once i'm settled in.
I work as a locksmith so as a result my electrical theory is pretty bad.
I'm moving from Brisbane , so I guess I will have to stop all the "south of the border mexican jokes!

I plug my laptop charger into my xprog-m and it never misses a beat. It's a 19v 3.2 amp supply.

knok
27th September, 2010, 09:59 AM
Hi cqae.
Your bang on with the pin code, well done.

Xprog's are a bit finicky with power supply's.
It's ok to read small soic-8 chips with USB power but for bigger chips you need at least 15v external power.

As to which TMS370 to select, I always use the 1st one, though, like you said, they all work!

I'm about to move down to Melbourne for work.
What's it like as a city mate?

if you want to edit PIN directly into your dump , then must pay attention at PIN because is written 3 times ..
( check on edited pic )

aliali18
27th September, 2010, 10:26 AM
hi all could someone help me with the pincode from this dump?

Its is from an astra g the dump is from the tms370 in the immo control unit.
I am pretty new at this & was using xprog for the first time.
also how do i know which of the tms370s to select in the list of devices? there are 3 that use the same adaptor, but they all seemed to work?
going by my searches of previous posts, I would guess my pincode is 9336?
also I seem to be getting errors during the verification step, anyone got any ideas on this?
thanks in advance guys

Pin Code: 9336

original 100%

cqae
27th September, 2010, 11:13 AM
thanks knok, so if I changed the 3 pins, the vin & the key code it would work in another car? Interesting.

and fallen, as I said, i am an auto elec, so my electrical theory is...............probably not much better than yours! LOL

but seriously, most of what I read is all about experience & knowledge & I am just trying to learn as much as I can. but definately look me up & Ill buy you a beer-I owe you for the guide!

cqae
28th September, 2010, 12:31 AM
just on the subject of chargers fallen, for the fun of it I plugged my laptop charger into my xprog, its 19v 3.42a & ever since then I am getting the device is silent message & no communications at all.

not a good start to the day

although I can get it to work on another computer, looks like today is going to be a long one!

Fallen
28th September, 2010, 01:32 AM
Sounds like you have some port conflicts mate or a dodgy USB connection.
Try it on a few other ports.

cqae
28th September, 2010, 01:59 AM
I got it all working, for some reason it reinstalled the drivers & all is good now, damn windows7, I hate it!

am a little concerned about the verification errors though. But if I keep reading it, eventually it reads ok. this is regardless of which power supply I use.

cqae
30th September, 2010, 05:50 AM
can you guys check that the code for this one is 1769

looked a little different but is from another astrag.

thanks

janusz21
30th September, 2010, 06:50 AM
pin 1769 ok

pianoman58
1st October, 2010, 12:09 AM
Hi all,
Where is the part of the dump that marries the Key/aeriel ecu to the engine ecu
Thanks

cqae
1st October, 2010, 01:34 AM
I'm really not sure what you mean bus as you can see earlier in this thread, the pin, vin & key numbers are in the dumps. If you wanted to use another immo control unit just copy the whole dump over

pianoman58
1st October, 2010, 10:16 AM
I mean the part of the dump that matches the key unit ecu to the engine ecu, so you could use a second hand engine ecu that wasn't originally matched to your car, to work with your original key/aeriel and transponders.
Thanks

cqae
1st October, 2010, 10:26 AM
you would need to be able to edit or read the engine ecu. i know there is software out there to do it, I am wanting to do it also, but have not tried it yet. Carprog will read an opel engine ecu & reset it back to its factory state. I think there may be variant coding as well though.
but you would need to know the engine ecu's info before you could edit the immo unit's info

pianoman58
1st October, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hi,
Back to the original question, does anyone know where in the key/aeriel ecu tms370 dump is the info to match up with the engine ecu
Thanks

aliali18
1st October, 2010, 07:52 PM
can you guys check that the code for this one is 1769

looked a little different but is from another astrag.

thanks

Pin Code: 1769

oreginal 100%