PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2002 all key lost! Help!

neverquiet
28th September, 2010, 01:03 AM
Hi m8,

I am working on a Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2002 with all key lost. I am stucked, and After I done some research, I found out that a Dealer key must be used to be programmed to the vehicle. or else the

"NO LOADED KEY? error message indicates that a OEM key blank is being used. This will cause the computer to lock up on the vehicle. The operator must try to start car and let key spring back. DO NOT turn key off. Let sit for a minute, and then plug SDD back in and restart.

Now it always shows the "No Loaded Key" message on the sbb clone!

I would like to know if there is any way for me to use a EH2 or Tpx2 chip to be programmed to the immo.

I have a CR2 to write onto EH2 and TPX2, I also have a EEPROM programer.

Best Regards,
[/LEFT]

cqae
28th September, 2010, 03:04 AM
I know its not of much help, but I use launch to code these. I just buy a cut blank, my locksmith supplies it to me with the corerct transonder & I code it in, maybe you know someone that has a launch or prbably any of the major scan tools

neverquiet
28th September, 2010, 03:33 AM
I know its not of much help, but I use launch to code these. I just buy a cut blank, my locksmith supplies it to me with the corerct transonder & I code it in, maybe you know someone that has a launch or prbably any of the major scan tools

Thank you for your reply,

Do you have any Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2002 key at hand? If yes could you use a transponder key identifier or read to read the code inside?

I would like to try to write the code to EH2 (electronic 4D chip) thanks!

Best Regards.

cqae
28th September, 2010, 08:29 AM
I'm not a locksmith so I dont have a transponder reader, sorry mate.

shitad
28th September, 2010, 01:14 PM
Hi m8,

I am working on a Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2002 with all key lost. I am stucked, and After I done some research, I found out that a Dealer key must be used to be programmed to the vehicle. or else the

"NO LOADED KEY? error message indicates that a OEM key blank is being used. This will cause the computer to lock up on the vehicle. The operator must try to start car and let key spring back. DO NOT turn key off. Let sit for a minute, and then plug SDD back in and restart.

Now it always shows the "No Loaded Key" message on the sbb clone!

I would like to know if there is any way for me to use a EH2 or Tpx2 chip to be programmed to the immo.

I have a CR2 to write onto EH2 and TPX2, I also have a EEPROM programer.

Best Regards,
[/LEFT]

I had this problem 2 weeks ago and I read in Ilco manual where is says this message is becauce you are using a dealer key ( I found this a bit strange but thats what it says )

The solution they suggest is to
Crank engine a few seconds DO NOT TURN INGITION OFF and wait 2 minutes then try reprogram again.

Early Mitsubishi used 4D Key ID 60 key but this was giving lots of problem so Mitsubishi started using 4D ID 61 instead as an upgrade. The transponder system is very weak you must cut the key and have it in the igntion, holding key close that ring will not work.
Finally the Job I did 2 weeks ago gave me same message with a ID 61 key so I had to use a ID 60 to get the job done it wasn't until after that I found the info from Ilco.

neverquiet
29th September, 2010, 06:37 AM
Thank you m8s for sharing your precious experiences with me, the problem is solved already. I borrow a ID61 chip and clone it onto a TPX2 and it works!