PDA

View Full Version : Installing New EWS 4.3 to BMW E46

druvi
9th October, 2010, 05:32 PM
Hi guys,

Apologies if this question has been asked before - have gone through a no of posts but its still not clear to me.

My friend has a BMW e46 318i facelift - n42 engine - car currently has a ews 3.3 and 1 working key (remote function broken) - Works fine manually.

Have also got ahold of a complete matching E46 lock set with all 4 keys and the EWS - ver 4.3 - which however is originally intended for another car. (Not this car) (Kit is brand new - all keys should match the EWS in their) however this kit is originally programmed for a E46 320i.

What I think the simplest way to transplant this EWS into my friends car would be,

Read the EWS from His car - extract whatever codes are required and program the new EWS 4.3 with this info. That way wouldn't need to re-program any keys - only the car data.

Question 1. - Is it possible to do this ?
Question 2. - If so what would the easiest way be to extract the info from the working EWS - what are the best / most cost effective tools to use - preferably not required to soldier / de-soldier MCU's.
Question 3. - What would the best tool be to reprogram the EWS 4.3 with the data extracted from the EWS 3.3

Would really appreciate any advice that someone could give.

Thanks & Regards,
Druvi

PS:- Currently have BMW Scanner 1.36, INPA and GT1

cjawahir
9th October, 2010, 05:37 PM
its a working car you have , its easy to order a new key from the dealer , no need to risk damage the dme because you have to read flash etc .

cj

druvi
9th October, 2010, 07:05 PM
True - but if I can read the current EWS with minimum risk - dont mind busting the new 4.3 one up :) Also really don't know who has the other keys to the car. And since the lockset is in hand ? Would appreciate advice from anyone who has re-programmed other EWS modules

Fallen
10th October, 2010, 01:04 AM
BMW can disable the keys you don't have and order you new ones.
Listen to CJ, it can get very expensive if you try to do what you want and fail, then again, it's not your car, so it doesn't matter right?

;)

bali motor
10th October, 2010, 04:59 AM
post all data from:

EWS ori car
EWS Donor (EWS replacement)
ECU ori car

tdor49
10th October, 2010, 09:24 AM
BMW can disable the keys you don't have and order you new ones.
Listen to CJ, it can get very expensive if you try to do what you want and fail, then again, it's not your car, so it doesn't matter right?

;)

according to my contact in bmw parts dept, bmw make 10 keys for every car manufactured and when you order a new key it's sent overnight delivery.

we purchase lots of new keys for bmw as we purchase cars from the finance co. and most come without keys.

cost of a remote key (trade) at the moment is around ?80 so really not worth messing around changing ews unit or door locks etc.

:hmmmm2:

druvi
6th December, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi Bali,

Could I fire a quick question. If I can get a dump of the dme of the car (N42 engine) and can send the EWS4 (new) module to you in Indonesia, (I have a colleague who works there) do you think you could sync the hidden key to the ews 4 without changing the key details and pass the module back to my friend who could send it back to me ?. Have all the keys of the new module but am a little scared to mess around with the current one in the car. And also don't have an AK90 or keymaker but do have a pasoft and DIS. If you can PM me we can discuss it. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks and Cheers,

simon77
6th December, 2010, 07:39 PM
read original ews and save. read new ews and save . use immo editor and cange in ews4 the isn no to the one found in your old ews3 and program back to ews 4 .
refit to car use scan tool to resync dme ews and start car.
if you want you can also change the vin and milage in the ews 4 so thay match.

bali motor
6th December, 2010, 07:48 PM
Hi Bali,

Could I fire a quick question. If I can get a dump of the dme of the car (N42 engine) and can send the EWS4 (new) module to you in Indonesia, (I have a colleague who works there) do you think you could sync the hidden key to the ews 4 without changing the key details and pass the module back to my friend who could send it back to me ?. Have all the keys of the new module but am a little scared to mess around with the current one in the car. And also don't have an AK90 or keymaker but do have a pasoft and DIS. If you can PM me we can discuss it. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks and Cheers,

yes, friend
you can contact me on PM or skype.
I will help you.

regard,
komang

sogaro
7th December, 2010, 05:38 AM
@Bali, see what shows when you are PMed

''
bali motor has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove bali motor from the recipient list and send the message again.''
Meanwhile i need help on BMW E46.

sogaro
7th December, 2010, 05:43 AM
Hello , i have a situation here. BMW E46 with bad ECU, i tested with a complete set from another car but won't start from the ignitionkey lock but did from bridging cables in the engine bay. Original ECU works normal but some sections burnt. Now, i have a used ECU which i want to use with car and i virgin the Flash but could not match to car. I have X431 and BMW Commander by Abritus72. When i diagnose, its only able to access the ECU and nothing else, not even the EWS. Can Commander do this job or i need the DIS57 with it to do it, even though there is DME/EWS synch on it but it fails when i use it. Please help
Download benson.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way (http://www.sendspace.com/file/6jqyby)

bali motor
7th December, 2010, 06:04 AM
@Bali, see what shows when you are PMed

''
bali motor has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove bali motor from the recipient list and send the message again.''
Meanwhile i need help on BMW E46.

sorry, now you can PM me, or email me: ( no addys to be posted use pm )

what's your problem, need change Used ecu for N42?

sogaro
7th December, 2010, 06:13 AM
Please send me pm of your email

bali motor
7th December, 2010, 06:18 AM
Please send me pm of your email

see your PM

druvi
22nd December, 2010, 01:40 PM
see your PM

Could you please pm me your email addr please.

Many thanks,

druvi
22nd December, 2010, 01:41 PM
read original ews and save. read new ews and save . use immo editor and cange in ews4 the isn no to the one found in your old ews3 and program back to ews 4 .
refit to car use scan tool to resync dme ews and start car.
if you want you can also change the vin and milage in the ews 4 so thay match.

Hi, What device did you use to extract the ews dump ??

Artjom
25th December, 2010, 12:21 PM
easiers way is to use xprog m ... just use 4 cables and you can read and wrote

gtmech
21st March, 2011, 03:40 AM
if upgrading to EWS 4.3, apparently the ECU software has to be updated first to accept it, never tried it just heard it needs to be done?

bali motor
21st March, 2011, 08:45 AM
little explanation:
1) use AK90 for all ews ( read and write) except 1D47J ews01. it should open the IC.
2) Use EWS editor for edit dump.
3) can for change hardware ews if hardware damage ( just make syn with GT1 or INPA or Autoboss scaner that can to do it)
4) If need change use ecu ( use soft BMW ID ECU for make virgin) and make sync
5) There are several types of ecu can not be done by soft, you must manually edit.
6) if dump ews is damaged, and could see (55 55 F0 00 00 F0 55), each type of EWS will be different address.

GOOD LUCK............

bram380
23rd March, 2011, 02:46 AM
little explanation:
1) use AK90 for all ews ( read and write) except 1D47J ews01. it should open the IC.
2) Use EWS editor for edit dump.
3) can for change hardware ews if hardware damage ( just make syn with GT1 or INPA or Autoboss scaner that can to do it)
4) If need change use ecu ( use soft BMW ID ECU for make virgin) and make sync
5) There are several types of ecu can not be done by soft, you must manually edit.
6) if dump ews is damaged, and could see post above, each type of EWS will be different address.

GOOD LUCK............

Good explanation about ews.

bali motor
23rd March, 2011, 03:02 AM
Good explanation about ews.

About :
6) if dump ews is damaged, and could see (55 55 F0 00 00 F0 55), each type of EWS will be different address.

I think not 55 55 F0 00 00 F0 55, but 55 55 F0 00 F0 55.

sorry, i'm wrong write....

thank you, correction of your.

regard