PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Volvo S80 IMMO problem.

roth18
11th November, 2011, 04:28 AM
Hi all, the 2000 S80 I have did not crank as the key was no good. I made another key with Carprog. The car cranks but still no start. The ECU is not energizing the injectors. There is a code in ECU ECM-720A (Immobilizer Signal Missing). I tried to clear the code numerous times with VIDA and disconnecting the battery. Still no luck. Does anyone know anything about this problem or has any information about immo in this car?

Thank you.

adam12112
11th November, 2011, 11:55 AM
Read out parametrs immo if you have software for volvo this may be helpful.For example is the key approved. Immo is in the CEM and engine ecu.

roth18
11th November, 2011, 02:39 PM
Read out parametrs immo if you have software for volvo this may be helpful.For example is the key approved. Immo is in the CEM and engine ecu.

The parameters of Immo are in CEM. They are all OK except ECU-CEM communication. Key is approved by CEM and cranks the car. Before it didn't. The problem is with the Immo data exchange between ECU and CEM. I suspect there is some kind of a problem with ECU.

adam12112
11th November, 2011, 04:54 PM
ECM is oryginal from this car?
Fault code ECM-720A was before you did programing key?

roth18
11th November, 2011, 05:07 PM
ECM is oryginal from this car?
Fault code ECM-720A was before you did programing key?

To the best of my knowledge the ECM is original. Car came from other shop and it was also at the dealer. They ****ed wit it for some time but couldn't get the key to work.

Yes the ECM-720A IMMO data not received was there b4. There was another code in CEM, the famous CEM-6C48 transponder type faulty signal which is not there anymore.

Please note that the code ECM-720A refers to signal or data missing or not received. There is another code ECM-720A which refers to signal received but incorrect.

adam12112
11th November, 2011, 11:41 PM
You can try make "virgin" ECM and take to dealer for reload ECM software. Immo will be programmed.If this do not help you can do it the same with z CEM.I assume that there are no other fault code.

roth18
12th November, 2011, 03:33 PM
You can try make "virgin" ECM and take to dealer for reload ECM software. Immo will be programmed.If this do not help you can do it the same with z CEM.I assume that there are no other fault code.
I do not know how to virginise this one. I'm trying to make it work with the one I have. Now, I'm trying to understand wow the system works in a greater detail. So far, I believe that I solved the key - CEM problem. The CEM - ECM problem is still present. I'm getting another CEM - ECM matched pair to experiment.

I do not have to take it to the dealer. I can do the flash. The point is to avoid it for finantial reasons. These cars are not worth too much here. So if I can figure how to do it cheap, I'm in business. If it costs too much than they just buy another one and scrap this one.