PDA

View Full Version : audi a3 dash faulty

d.zio
20th May, 2012, 09:14 PM
hello to all mates......i have a dash from audi a3 1999model and is faulty...faulty mcu.....
dash 8L0920900F MCU 912dg128a mask 0l05h
where can i find a new empty mcu to fix this dash?
can i do this job reading-writing with x prog??
any opinions appreciated

diagtech
21st May, 2012, 12:06 AM
Think car prog do them

AC_SHNITZER
21st May, 2012, 12:11 AM
what is the problem of your dash ? common fault is 2nd mcu 908AZ60 mask 2J74Y

d.zio
21st May, 2012, 01:26 PM
sure mate......my fault about 912.......faulty 908az60 mcu 1l87j mask.......is there any replacement for this???

d.zio
21st May, 2012, 10:22 PM
what might be in this occasion?
faulty mcu or faulty soft inside????
the problem of the dash was that fuel gauge and temperature gauge didnt work good.....i took out the dash and flew the mcus behind with hot air....not a lot.....after this the dash started to open close,one time the car started one not and someetimes one beep hears.....i change a dash to the car and now i want to fix it for spare

TULGEYWOODMAN
21st May, 2012, 10:26 PM
what might be in this occasion?
faulty mcu or faulty soft inside????
the problem of the dash was that fuel gauge and temperature gauge didnt work good.....i took out the dash and flew the mcus behind with hot air....not a lot.....after this the dash started to open close,one time the car started one not and someetimes one beep hears.....i change a dash to the car and now i want to fix it for spare

How much do you want to spend?

ideal solution is carprog original,Audi TT repair programme, 908 programme, ETL 908 programmer and 908 zif socket + spare 908 micro`s + spare fuel / temp motors.......then you can go about fixing them.

d.zio
21st May, 2012, 10:38 PM
so only with carprog and the soft of it can i do the job???

TULGEYWOODMAN
21st May, 2012, 10:43 PM
so only with carprog and the soft of it can i do the job???

No, you could use for example an ETL 908 programmer, along with a zif socket adapter.
Then assuming you had access to the different flash software files [note either the white label on the micro, or the engraving on the micro, of the software version]. you could read and write the files into a new micro .

just the carprog is quicker SOMETIMES

d.zio
21st May, 2012, 10:53 PM
the dash that is faulty now was changed by the dealer before two years again by a remanufactured with same problems....this now has no labels on the micro

TULGEYWOODMAN
21st May, 2012, 11:02 PM
the dash that is faulty now was changed by the dealer before two years again by a remanufactured with same problems....this now has no labels on the micro

Well you need to read the dataset to identify the software!

d.zio
21st May, 2012, 11:13 PM
to identify from the soft inside the eeprom-flash??

TULGEYWOODMAN
21st May, 2012, 11:15 PM
to identify from the soft inside the eeprom-flash??

yes, when you do lots of them.
I have files of all the flash/eeproms as well as the carprog programmer