PDA

View Full Version : 2011/12 BMW 5 SERIES F10?

6th July, 2012, 09:01 AM

ALEXEI
6th July, 2012, 09:52 AM
only blocker.
2010 model can be done via mcu.

6th July, 2012, 10:11 AM

captain crackers
6th July, 2012, 10:17 AM
After fitting a blocker, isn't the original mileage still left in the key? Arthur.

6th July, 2012, 10:19 AM

ALEXEI
6th July, 2012, 12:13 PM
even you fit new cas4 module , km still remain in key.

6th July, 2012, 02:39 PM

smartymarti
6th July, 2012, 04:02 PM
iv got one from elprosys and fitting saturday morning if you can wait for the results

6th July, 2012, 07:34 PM

bkenigma
6th July, 2012, 09:16 PM
This is probably the worst solution ever made lol. I literally pass on all of these new cas4 bmws cause there is a 95% chance the customer is going to get nailed.

bkenigma

smartymarti
6th July, 2012, 09:41 PM
This is probably the worst solution ever made lol. I literally pass on all of these new cas4 bmws cause there is a 95% chance the customer is going to get nailed.

bkenigma

Totally agree but when you have bdumb pikey kid that just needs it doing , then needs must , you explain to the the possible implications but they don't care

ALEXEI
6th July, 2012, 10:05 PM
Elprosys blockers are reliable and working good .
I have no doubt o this.

7th July, 2012, 12:25 PM

SDO
7th July, 2012, 02:49 PM
Never say no to cash, and yes customers should be made aware of the situation, then it's their headache and your cash.

bkenigma
8th July, 2012, 04:11 PM
I had the same situation with a customer who wanted the same thing done, quick story. So I explain how I dont feel its a good solution, he didnt care and wanted it done anyway. Long story short, he goes to BMW and returns the car. Now 2 days later he gets a call if he could come into the dealership, when he arrives his car is sitting there in the front of the dealership. The manager comes out and tells him here is your new car, enjoy. He tells him what do you mean, it was a lease and I returned it. He says why dont you go and start it up, so he gets in and starts it up and pow 90k miles on the dash. They hand him a receipt for a new cas unit, labor and tell him he has 5 days to pay for the remainder of the entire purchase price of the car otherwise they are getting law enforcement involved and will sue him personally for fraud. Now I dont know how things work outside the US, i.e. its legal in the UK now I believe until 2013 but here in the US he had no choice but to put his tail between his legs and write a check for the value of the car. So now he has a car with 90k on it, should have 45k on it lol and he's basically beat. Now you can imagine the calls I received, threats, screaming, gonna kill me, blablabla. In the end I told him to FOCK off and he was warned and wanted it done anyway and luckily he was from out of town and didnt know anything about me but just goes to show you , you take the cash and they get nauled dont think you aint gonna hear about it or be ready to throw down with an extremely angry person.

bkenigma

z786
8th July, 2012, 04:27 PM
lol if thats your short story id hate to see a long one lol

rukartinatv
8th July, 2012, 05:43 PM
I had the same situation with a customer who wanted the same thing done, quick story. So I explain how I dont feel its a good solution, he didnt care and wanted it done anyway. Long story short, he goes to BMW and returns the car. Now 2 days later he gets a call if he could come into the dealership, when he arrives his car is sitting there in the front of the dealership. The manager comes out and tells him here is your new car, enjoy. He tells him what do you mean, it was a lease and I returned it. He says why dont you go and start it up, so he gets in and starts it up and pow 90k miles on the dash. They hand him a receipt for a new cas unit, labor and tell him he has 5 days to pay for the remainder of the entire purchase price of the car otherwise they are getting law enforcement involved and will sue him personally for fraud. Now I dont know how things work outside the US, i.e. its legal in the UK now I believe until 2013 but here in the US he had no choice but to put his tail between his legs and write a check for the value of the car. So now he has a car with 90k on it, should have 45k on it lol and he's basically beat. Now you can imagine the calls I received, threats, screaming, gonna kill me, blablabla. In the end I told him to FOCK off and he was warned and wanted it done anyway and luckily he was from out of town and didnt know anything about me but just goes to show you , you take the cash and they get nauled dont think you aint gonna hear about it or be ready to throw down with an extremely angry person.

bkenigma

What years bmw was?
did you use enigma or dp3 blocker?
Did you did only cas and the dash?

captain crackers
8th July, 2012, 09:43 PM
Having read bkenigma's story, this is my stance on the subject of can blockers. I do not work on cars that need blockers, or the dash flashing to block communication with other modules, therefore I do not involve myself with the type of customer bkenigma had. I find it quite simple to say "I do not do that car." I do not make it my problem that the guy has done too many miles in his lease car, hire car or whatever his story is. If I can buy can blockers, so can BMW, Mercedes and Renault and they have done. They know all about them. So some people say, tell the customer and if they are happy with it, do the job and take their money. Fine until it goes t*ts up at the dealers and the customer turns nasty, as they do. Nobody in the job NEEDS this kind of money or the aggravation that can possibly come with it. Arthur.

bkenigma
9th July, 2012, 12:15 PM
lol if thats your short story id hate to see a long one lol

ah we got a wiseguy here lol :)

bkenigma

bkenigma
9th July, 2012, 12:17 PM
What years bmw was?
did you use enigma or dp3 blocker?
Did you did only cas and the dash?

BMW Was 740i Individual 2011 . I used enigma with revtronic blocker. Also did all the other 15 locations or so with BMW Commander. Whatever didnt reset during a full DTC/SHADOWN HISTORY wipe I manually changed.

bkenigma

bkenigma
9th July, 2012, 12:19 PM
Thank you Arthur, I see im not the only one here with common sense lol. BTW, I pm'ed you like twice over the past few weeks and never heard back from you. Get in touch with me if you can please

bkenigma