PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Landrover Discovery Alarm Off

gtmech
12th October, 2012, 12:28 AM
Lost all keys and remote fob and car is armed and locked, have got inside no problem but now need to either find a pin code to override the alarm or switch it off so i can program a new remote fob to the car, anyone know where the alarm box is mounted and or a way to find pin code, which chip would it be etc etc, any help greatfully appreciated, this is non-transponder model, thanks

chris1955
12th October, 2012, 12:52 AM
unless you have the EKA number (Emergency Key Access) you will have problems. Even with a genuine machine such as AD100 Pro or MVP pro. you will need to disarm the system before you are able to program a new fob into the vehicle hth.

gtmech
12th October, 2012, 01:35 AM
unless you have the EKA number (Emergency Key Access) you will have problems. Even with a genuine machine such as AD100 Pro or MVP pro. you will need to disarm the system before you are able to program a new fob into the vehicle hth.

true mate true, but putting key into door and turning it also unlocks and disarms the system right? Thats what i have done and the security light is now turned off and alarm has stopped screaming. Is EKA Code required for programming remote aswell? Wheres the alarm box and i can read the eeprom and try and find the code? thanks

chris1955
12th October, 2012, 02:13 AM
EKA code is only used to disarm alarm. It has no other purpose, as to the location of control box I beleive it is located high under dash near to steering column but I could be wrong hth

gtmech
12th October, 2012, 03:34 AM
BCM Dump attached, can someone find the EKA code please? thanks

sideshow
12th October, 2012, 08:53 AM
the aussie landcrusiers have an alarm fitted when they land in australai by toyota
there is a sequence u need to do to get unit to accept new remote

u need to disconnect battery
reconnect
turn key form off to acc 20 times
then hazards wil go on and off
then on 20th flash press remote button

i have some spare remotes from other land cruisers
also took me hours to get programming right
getting the timing right with on and off for the key but got there eventually