PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Ford Scorpio 2.9 pats box ?

darwins
21st February, 2013, 07:17 PM
1996 Scorpio 2.9 Auto
Engine ECU EEC1V
90GB-12A650-HB
Tear Tag: 0GHB

Hello Friends

Can anyone help with where the immo box is fitted on a 1996 Ford Scorpio 2.9 Auto ?

Any info about the immo system on this old bus would be useful.

Thanks Guys

Darwins

antonypaul
21st February, 2013, 10:21 PM
Dear Friend,
Hi Attached image of Ecu of Ford Scorpio it same type of your car ?

darwins
21st February, 2013, 11:16 PM
Hi

Yes this is the same PCM...

I'm thinking this will have a pats module somewhere, I have limited info on this system and can not see the immobiliser linked to the PCM.

Any info would be great, Immo Off would be best if it is possible..

If not I have 3 keys including a red master but the car is not to hand, As I understand the keys will not program in the normal way for some reason.

Regards

Darwins

cleevesy
22nd February, 2013, 12:02 AM
Check left and right kick panels , theres a couple of immo offs on here whats the part number of the ecu? eev?? something?

darwins
22nd February, 2013, 12:18 AM
Here is the ecu part numbers it's EEC1V

cleevesy
24th February, 2013, 01:29 AM
think i found an immo off for that ecu does it have a tms chip on the board? something about taking it off and joining pin 2 to 6 i think il see if i can find it

heres link

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f178/ford-fiesta-eec-iv-111194/

pianoman58
24th February, 2013, 08:01 PM
Pats unit is on bulkhead on right (drivers rhd) side of heater box above clutch pedal and to left. Take full top off dash so you can see a bit better.
all wires to it are black, wasnt made to be removed easy.

I dont think the pats is linked to the pcm, i seem to remember the power to the injectors, pump and coil run through it.
Good Luck

darwins
26th February, 2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks cleevesy pianoman58..

The ecu is different to all on DK, I think pianoman58 is right about the pats having control of fuel & ignition, I will take another look into this in the next few days..

Meat-Head
26th February, 2013, 08:41 PM
I would like to SPAM this thread as well please.

Firstly pop here and look at this foto

Ford Probe Immobiliser with 2 Remotes | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Probe-Immobiliser-with-2-Remotes-/251234529798?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7ebeb206)

then carry on.

1) see if the key has a transponder 4C first (don't think so)

2) Look on the sppedo meter see if on the flat trim is a red led that is on solid?

3) If red led which is solid, grab a pry bar, cheisel or punch.

remove the radio, then you will see the unit, simply remove the unit by <CLASSIFED INFORMATION> You will need some new swear words, so keep a pen and paper handy.

Once you have go it in your hands, undow the four screws, discard 3 of them.

Right, once inside you see 3 relays laughing at you, resolder ALL of them

then you see in the middle looking smug grinning like a cheshire cat is a transiser, grab your favorite soldering iron, say out loud

"EAT LEAD PAL" - blob all three legs with solder (you only need the right two - but you need to show it who is boss).

then using the one remaning screw put the lid back on, think theres a metal bracket, not sure - buth either way it will look great in the bin.

3) If it has a 4C transponder then sorry can't help

4) If your sad enough to want to add new remote if you do - then
then google 'ford pube add remote' you know when you find the right info it says something like

stand on one leg wait ten mins
cycle ignition
stand on other leg for ten mins

takes a genuine 1/2 hr to add remotes, false move game over, disqualified back to the pits.

darwins
12th March, 2013, 06:22 AM
This car has an unmarked plastic box (PATS Box) near the ecu behind glove box wires are colour coded not all black...

All 3 keys are 100% matched to pats box.

Anyone have a wire diagram?

Meat-Head
12th March, 2013, 08:29 AM
How does no grab you

Anychance of photo or part number

Transponder keys?

darwins
12th March, 2013, 09:01 AM
Hello Meat all the info is in the first 2 posts :)

I reckon the info for this car must be in paper form because even though the car is listed on the early Ford TIS 2000 - 2004 CD their is nothing for selection

As far as Grab goes good idea..... I'm going to grab a bacon butty :)

Meat-Head
12th March, 2013, 01:49 PM
cool, understand suggest yunking out the PCM relay and

1) replace with new 2) link out

beleive there was a thread where relay was dropping voltage

try asking Justy22 for some timps with jumpleads to up the voltage