PDA

View Full Version : W220 GEAR SHIFT PROBLEM......Please urgent help

siyadk
27th June, 2014, 07:02 PM
Hello DK fellows

I am kind of amateur in MB car works..so please MB experts help me out here

Here the story: A week ago, A Japanese imported W220 came to my shop get spare key. I removed the EIS, read the dump. My close DK friend Aassfour made 2 keys for me, key 1 and key 3. Rest all keys was corrupted

Anyways i wrote key number:3 to nec chip and car started with customers key and my key

But customer started calling me and said he is experiencing problem in shifting Gear from P to D. Honestly i kind of ignored it. Today customer came to me and said the car doesnt shift shift gear at all!!! i went and confirmed..The car starts, steering turns but cannot shift the Gear.

Is it problem common in MB cars, is it due to my programming that caused car to stop shifting

Obivilously customer is angry, its my first bad experience with MB cars. I really need DK members help here to sort the problem

PS: I contacted Aassfour (who have troubled more than enough) who advised me to clean EIS pcb and check soldering, which i did 3 times..but still no go

Thanks in Advance~!!!!

yssf
27th June, 2014, 10:37 PM
Which year is your car?

siyadk
27th June, 2014, 10:48 PM
sorry 2002 S500

yssf
27th June, 2014, 11:10 PM
For this year the fault is not related to key you done as I know.
First check the fuse.
Do the brake light ON when depress the pedal?

There's a solenoid on shifter which allow shifter to move from P to other position.

I have the same car in my workshop the car don't start but the gear could shift from P to other position as well.

eliasole
27th June, 2014, 11:14 PM
When you disassembled eis there must be an iron cable that release the shifter. Check it if it's working ok.

smayer
27th June, 2014, 11:35 PM
When you disassembled eis there must be an iron cable that release the shifter. Check it if it's working ok.

The iron cable it?s not to release shifter, this cable is to prevent remove the key when the car isn?t in P.

In this model you have a broken part in shifter.

siyadk
29th June, 2014, 01:10 AM
Thanks a lot Smayer, eliasole and yssf for the input. you guys all were right.. it was mechanical problem in gear shift lever . Customer took to the mechanic and got it prepared. Thanks a lot ince again..I was bit terrified thinking somehow i spoiled the car gear shifter