PDA

View Full Version : SAAB 2.2 dti, PGS16 PIN needed

vagdoctor
14th March, 2016, 08:20 AM
Hi,

guys I hope you are much better experts, with will to help.
I swapped an injection pump control module on PGS16. No issues with hardware installation.
Other story with IMMO-new PGS16 synchronization...
I am familiar with the procedure, but can't find a PIN on disassembled ECU. Carprog don't recognise it, I can't find it in dump.

Does anyone have a clue, if it can found in some other location? 0820, 0840, where it usually is, is unrecognizable to me.

Someone sees it?

zipped 363571.bin Dump here...

Advanced thanks.

topclef
14th March, 2016, 09:12 AM
maybe ....

vagdoctor
14th March, 2016, 10:28 AM
maybe ....

Can try, but till now there was always 4 digit number 0-9 characters.

Do you have other experience?

topclef
14th March, 2016, 12:33 PM
SAAB use alphanumeric Pin code , UA3X i think is the correct Pin .

vagdoctor
14th March, 2016, 01:02 PM

Hmh, new info to me. Will know right after I reach home. Will come back with feedback.

Thanks.

kozik
14th March, 2016, 01:56 PM
I compared your dump with mine dump made by carprog form opel zafira psg pump.dumps are different but i think Login code maybe 0000.try this code and report

vagdoctor
14th March, 2016, 02:14 PM
I compared your dump with mine dump made by carprog form opel zafira psg pump.dumps are different but i think Login code maybe 0000.try this code and report

Hi,

at which location you assumed code (0000) might be?

First attempt will be UA3X, while second zeroes.
With my luck, most likely I'll get PIN entering time prohibition for next couple of hours :)

A report will be listed.

vagdoctor
14th March, 2016, 05:17 PM
PIN entering feedback following entries were not recognised: UA3X, ua3x, 0000, 3333

any idea, how to proceed?

kozik
14th March, 2016, 05:56 PM
I compared whit mine dumps wheris login in Opel.there is 3 locations of login in mine : 652h, 175Eh, 273Eh.

Hi,

at which location you assumed code (0000) might be?

First attempt will be UA3X, while second zeroes.
With my luck, most likely I'll get PIN entering time prohibition for next couple of hours :)

A report will be listed.

vagdoctor
15th March, 2016, 11:04 AM

Hi,

I have some sum up of yesterdays afternoon...

I entered UA3X into IMMO security code entering module and was rejected as a wrong code, I tried with caps and lover, same result. Tried 0000, as a second option to, but no go.

As I was out of ideas, I reconnected original pump ECU onto plugs. Got some irrelevant fault messages, got fault wrong key transponder and CIM malfunction, but most of all, NO Immobilizer related fault, what means PIN in pump dump exists and IMMO recognizes it.

Next step I took was Programming button in OPCOM Engine control menu. I hit a button RESET ECU, where I was again asked for security code. I entered UA3X and system replied reset successful. I was surprised with outcome...

I scanned new generated dump from a pump ecu, and noticed, address word, you highlighted, changed to FF FF FF FF, so in fact you were da*n right. And UA3X in right explaining part of dump disappeared.

I am now sure, you know, what you are saying. Do you have an explanation why same code is not excepted by IMMO module, but excepted from engine's?

Could there be any communication related issue, as I took a Vectra/Signum platform instead of SAAB, which is not present in Opcom?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help, I appreciate!

vagdoctor
22nd March, 2016, 03:10 PM

As I still haven't started my Saab, and haven't gave up (yet), am digging deeper. I managed to read CIM memory at least. It is on 93C66A memory chip.
Is it in anyone power to read a security code from its attached file 365256.
I am dying to get the vehicle on the road again.

THANKS for help!

autochei
22nd March, 2016, 03:28 PM
Dump recognized: OK
Programmed keys: 1
ISK: D3 7B E6 83 D7 B9
VIN: YS3FF45D441001737
PIN: UA3X

vagdoctor
22nd March, 2016, 06:00 PM
Dump recognized: OK
Programmed keys: 1
ISK: D3 7B E6 83 D7 B9
VIN: YS3FF45D441001737
PIN: UA3X

WAU, that was fast :) Thank you.
So indeed I am doing something wrong, because CIM don't want to accept this code.
Is there some different procedure, compared with OPEL/VAUXHALL? Is Opcom too weak?
Struggling on...

autochei
22nd March, 2016, 07:24 PM
maybe u have waitting time active
if u put to many times pin code and not accepted then u have waitting time

erold
22nd March, 2016, 08:22 PM
Is it possible to change the pin in the PGS16 if so try to change it to one with just numeric letter example 1234 and try. I think opcom just can use numeric pin codes but i have never try this

vagdoctor
22nd March, 2016, 10:36 PM
Is it possible to change the pin in the PGS16 if so try to change it to one with just numeric letter example 1234 and try. I think opcom just can use numeric pin codes but i have never try this

You might be right, I've been warned, Opcom has ability to use only numerics, but on the other hand I was able to reset the pump's ECU via Opcom, using alfa/numeric code stated couple of times in this post (UA3X), so this confused me...
What diagnostic tool did you have in mind, would make possible entering PIN into pump? I tried BDM, also bought an adapter, but process was disturbed in the middle of process.

Some wise idea would be very usefull.

Thanks.

vagdoctor
22nd March, 2016, 10:39 PM
maybe u have waitting time active
if u put to many times pin code and not accepted then u have waitting time

Opcom shows no waiting time enabled, so I am missing something else...

Thanks for help, appreciated.

erold
23rd March, 2016, 06:31 AM
You might be right, I've been warned, Opcom has ability to use only numerics, but on the other hand I was able to reset the pump's ECU via Opcom, using alfa/numeric code stated couple of times in this post (UA3X), so this confused me...
What diagnostic tool did you have in mind, would make possible entering PIN into pump? I tried BDM, also bought an adapter, but process was disturbed in the middle of process.

Some wise idea would be very usefull.

Thanks.

Changing the pin i think was not a good idea because i think the pin need to be the same in all ecus

vagdoctor
23rd March, 2016, 04:34 PM
Changing the pin i think was not a good idea because i think the pin need to be the same in all ecus

Correct, PIN needs to be exact the same in PSG16 ecu and CIM, to keep the vehicle rolling.
That is why I am searching for a way, to enter it.
I have resetted its original faulty pump with Opcom, entering UA3X and it was sucessfull, but that part was done in engine (pump) ECU programming.
I can't enter into CIM unit programming, saying me, code is wrong.
If I could write original pump'sdump into donator pump, this would all be passed :) As said, BDM was unsucessfull. What tool would allow writing it in?

Anyone...

vagdoctor
23rd March, 2016, 04:35 PM
Going to wrestle it now...

maybach_
23rd March, 2016, 05:29 PM
OPCOM is not good to operate with saab cim is not same as opel m8

vagdoctor
23rd March, 2016, 07:20 PM
OPCOM is not good to operate with saab cim is not same as opel m8

This is the advice I needed :) Which tester will do the job?

Thanks

maybach_
23rd March, 2016, 11:13 PM
With Tech2 and globaltis SPS

vagdoctor
24th March, 2016, 03:07 PM

THANK YOU!!!!

vagdoctor
24th March, 2016, 03:12 PM

I have asked a friend with TECH2, to give me a shot for pairing PSG and CIM.

@maybach: Since DK says:
The following errors occurred with your submission

maybach_ has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

am sending you PM publicly :).... I know, I should know this, but have never been using Tech2, and friend said, he has never adopted pump / been programming SAAB CIM with it.

Can you please let me know prerequisites (SAAB card, version, etc...) and basic procedure in short words, PLEASE.

THANKS ALL!

This Thread should be linked to: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/212481-Saab-Pin-from-vin-requests/page30?highlight=saab

vladanr
7th April, 2016, 02:28 PM
hi,
you have to go in Cim modul,then in programing imobiliser function,after that you have three option immo replaced,engine ecu replaced or immo and engine ecu replaced.you will choose engine ecu replaced and program.thats all