PDA

View Full Version : Hummer H3 2008 Intermmitent Flashing immo light

leandroks
5th April, 2016, 05:43 PM
Hi there i ve got a hummer h3 wich sometimes the immo light flashes on dashboard and car wont start.
There is no transponder, chip or resistor on the key, it is a weird immo system.
I disassembled the steering lock and found nothing wich could make part of immo system.
Could anyone shed any light on it?:??

Thanks a in advance..

BR

Leo

jattal786
5th April, 2016, 08:21 PM
try clear dtc code and check car start then pcm bad need to change pcm

ray-ray
5th April, 2016, 09:13 PM
There a magnet in the barrel which get pass by 3 wires. If it see the magnet car will start, if the security light comes on while drive your pcm is going out.

leandroks
6th April, 2016, 12:18 AM
There a magnet in the barrel which get pass by 3 wires. If it see the magnet car will start, if the security light comes on while drive your pcm is going out.
i ve looked all around but no wires on ignition lock is it on indicator stalks?: Or on back of ignition barrel???

leandroks
6th April, 2016, 12:19 AM
try clear dtc code and check car start then pcm bad need to change pcm
It happens a few times on the week..

ray-ray
6th April, 2016, 04:04 AM
Do you see the magnet press in with that white plastic.

leandroks
6th April, 2016, 01:41 PM

i think it is a different model there is no plastic cover on the ignition barrel.

leandroks
6th April, 2016, 02:36 PM
It is a weird immo system there is no resistor on ignition lock no transponder on the key nothing, i can figure out how it works.

ray-ray
6th April, 2016, 04:18 PM
That look like a Saturn ignition there a resistor inside the housing. I'll try to look for picture to share

leandroks
6th April, 2016, 05:38 PM
tHAT WOULD BE NICE M8, THANKS A LOT

aketokediag
6th April, 2016, 10:37 PM
Hummer H3 has an inbuilt security, you can not see transponder in the key. I Think i can help you out, why cant you reprogram the vehicle? Did you know how you can get this done?

leandroks
7th April, 2016, 12:16 AM
nO BUT I BE MORE THAN HAPPY IF U TEACH ME. tHANKS...

aketokediag
7th April, 2016, 07:33 AM
Firstly scan and report with DTC on the vehicle right here. If i help you it cost you nothing to push THANKS button, PM me will help you out.
Regards

leandroks
7th April, 2016, 01:51 PM
It works ok mostly, just sometimes it blinks and car wont statrt,

clusters
7th April, 2016, 01:59 PM
Post a pic of the key both sides, and the first part of the VIN. US market trucks had a transponder in the key and the key looks just like a non-transponder key but are marked with different symbols.

If it's an export model, there should be a magnet in the lock cylinder and a sensor with a resistor in the lock housing. I haven't seen one yet, so I can't supply more info past that. I do know they had corrosion problems where the sensor plugs in and some contact cleaner and a little silicone di-electric grease helps.

dmp
7th April, 2016, 02:21 PM
Canadian models had a chip in the key, US models had a "passlock" cylinder with a resistor in the ignition switch but a non-transponder key. The teach in procedure for those ignition switches is almost the same from a transponder key when the lock is being replaced.

clusters
7th April, 2016, 02:23 PM
Canadian models had a chip in the key, US models had a "passlock" cylinder with a resistor in the ignition switch but a non-transponder key. The teach in procedure for those ignition switches is almost the same from a transponder key when the lock is being replaced.

You're right, I had it backwards. :banghead: Long night here.

Not just Canadian models, all exports had the transponder.

leandroks
7th April, 2016, 03:42 PM
Definitely, this one is a non transponder key, i openned the key and read it on transponder reader. So for sure no transponder key, and on the ignition lock i couldnt find any signs of antenna or resistors..

aketokediag
7th April, 2016, 07:34 PM
Please check the FCM of the vehicle, and report

Sent from my Infinix X506 using Tapatalk

simon77
7th April, 2016, 09:59 PM
If the car has no wires on the barrel at all then the immobiliser must work with the remote or doorlocks.the last right hand drive h3 I done was 2008 with passlock three wires on the barrel.i installed remote start and by passed passlock with two relays and some resistors.
RegardsI

vanos batam
28th April, 2016, 01:57 PM
It works ok mostly, just sometimes it blinks and car wont statrt,

your problem solved??
let me know please!!

leandroks
28th April, 2016, 10:00 PM
your problem solved??
let me know please!!
It has some wet signs on bcm, cleanned it up, and it is ok so far, but i am not convinced, i am waiting for customer to get me the feedback.