PDA

View Full Version : 2008 toyota camery smart key help please

cklair
31st December, 2017, 02:32 AM
I have 08 Camery hybrid with smart key. customer order brand new key from dealer to add to car, he has only one working key. I tried to add the key , after toughing the switch techstream ask to put the key on passanger side seat. then it failed the registration. there were no codes in any ecu in the car related to antenna or door handel. orignal smart key worked fine but can not add second brand new key. customer got second brand new key same problem. I left the cell phone out and tried three different version/laptop of techstram no go
yesterday I did smart ecu reset now I can not program any key .dash come on ad aftrer touhing the switch only one beep and techstream ask o put the key on passanger seat then it failed.
I have tried new switch as well.
can somebody have virgin dump for smart key
p/n 89990-06031 chip 93c86 I have load the file from smart ecu after reset. ill try used ecu Monday. so need virgin dump please

CarCity
31st December, 2017, 07:09 AM
I have 08 Camery hybrid with smart key. customer order brand new key from dealer to add to car, he has only one working key. I tried to add the key , after toughing the switch techstream ask to put the key on passanger side seat. then it failed the registration. there were no codes in any ecu in the car related to antenna or door handel. orignal smart key worked fine but can not add second brand new key. customer got second brand new key same problem. I left the cell phone out and tried three different version/laptop of techstram no go
yesterday I did smart ecu reset now I can not program any key .dash come on ad aftrer touhing the switch only one beep and techstream ask o put the key on passanger seat then it failed.
I have tried new switch as well.
can somebody have virgin dump for smart key
p/n 89990-06031 chip 93c86 I have load the file from smart ecu after reset. ill try used ecu Monday. so need virgin dump please

Your dump is After Reset
Since the synchro code with ID CODE ECU was lost while the reset operation
You will need to restore the synchro code
I think you use different type key !!!

cklair
31st December, 2017, 11:02 PM
2 different keys were order from dealer by vin number , plus original key was working before reset immo.
was thinking to get used smart ecu and virgin it and try.
can somebody provide me virgin dump.

raheem1983
1st January, 2018, 08:01 AM
thats easy. dont use techstream to add keys for camry. you need other tool. as you said you did reset for smart key ecu. not you ony need to add those 2 keys you have. you can add with many tools easy. techstream fails a lot on adding keys. you can use tango, obdstar, skp900, m8. or even the cheapest obd smartkey maker.

raheem1983
1st January, 2018, 08:05 AM
and work only on smart key ecu. dont touch anything else

cklair
1st January, 2018, 08:29 PM
ok I will try othr tools and report back

ray-ray
1st January, 2018, 09:25 PM
Techstream is the factory tool with more opinion then 3rd party tools. Test the proxy sit in car press the brake if the button changes color it see the proxy. With techstream check live data and check what is working. (ID box, steering lock, smartbox)
1. Sync. the system 4&13 for 45min (jumper)
2. Sync. Button with steering lock (techstream)
the remote on the old proxy should still be working, just not the start.