PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Chrysler / Dodge won't store key

dziuggy
26th April, 2019, 05:05 AM
Hey guys!

So I got 08 Chrysler PT cruiser. It came from the auction without keys. Got the pin code and when you program the key it says that it is programmed, but it wont start the car and when you go to live data number or registered keys is 0.

does anyone had to deal with something like that? 08 is can-bus car. I assume it should be same on other 2006+ chrysler/dodge cars

Or is there any way to disable immobilizer on these?

lion0304
26th April, 2019, 09:38 AM
You need 2 key to close programming

ray-ray
26th April, 2019, 02:15 PM
2 keys are not needed, is your Ariel working? Are your keys new or used, correct fcc: ? Is your battery good on the car, did you clear all fault codes.

dziuggy
26th April, 2019, 06:34 PM
2 keys are not needed, is your Ariel working? Are your keys new or used, correct fcc: ? Is your battery good on the car, did you clear all fault codes.

Hey, so i'm not an expert on this, I usually deal with motorcycles only. Can you elaborate on Ariel?

My auto locksmith tried to do it (and he is good, with fancy equipment) and it was not storing. He had big jump box hooked up as the battery was dead. he said he thinks something is not communicating.

We used brand new Chrysler S chips.

Battery was dead, I did get new battery today.

Since battery was dead codes might not show up, but i'll see if there is anything.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

thank you

ray-ray
26th April, 2019, 10:36 PM
Ariel is what is around the barrel (ignition) if working correctly, it energizes a command so the transponder reply’s . That ID message get sent to the ecu for authorization. So Ariel not work you will never get it to program.

lion0304
26th April, 2019, 10:42 PM

Most i knew is: When igntion coil doesn't work, you get transponder error or programming fali.

Yes also need clear all DTC present in some case when key not registed.