PDA

View Full Version : Kess 5.017 Protocol not found

dreevo
19th March, 2020, 12:10 PM
Well, this topic might've been opened before but I have a little question...
So my kess v2 5.017 was working fine up untill one day it kept on saying protocol not found whenever i try to id the car or read or w/e.
I've tried to create the sd from scratch with hex (might've missed some things) and I even tried to format the sd and put the kess files along with update folder, I still get the same result.
I've asked someone and he told me that there's something called token on these chinese cards and it decreases everytime you use the kess on a car so you have to reset it in order for it to be working again..
I couldn't quite understand him that well so I was wondering if the 'Protocol not found' is really related to this token stuff or it's really an SD issue so I have to buy a brand new SD and rework it with HEX etc....
I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say x) anyway thanks for help !

morgano
19th March, 2020, 04:16 PM
All lies, 5.017 have tokens disabled. The only true is maybe you formated sd and that is why no protocol found for you.

Redo properly the sd and problem solved. No need new sd as far as the one you already have is not defective.

systemlinux
19th March, 2020, 05:42 PM
Try to install on a new pc, the clones cannot connect to the internet, in the forum there are some threads of 2.23 and 2.47 tests with that.

Jupiter199
19th March, 2020, 05:43 PM
Well, this topic might've been opened before but I have a little question...
So my kess v2 5.017 was working fine up untill one day it kept on saying protocol not found whenever i try to id the car or read or w/e.
I've tried to create the sd from scratch with hex (might've missed some things) and I even tried to format the sd and put the kess files along with update folder, I still get the same result.
I've asked someone and he told me that there's something called token on these chinese cards and it decreases everytime you use the kess on a car so you have to reset it in order for it to be working again..
I couldn't quite understand him that well so I was wondering if the 'Protocol not found' is really related to this token stuff or it's really an SD issue so I have to buy a brand new SD and rework it with HEX etc....
I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say x) anyway thanks for help !

What number of the protocol?

huskypt
19th March, 2020, 11:54 PM
Maybe your SD is corrupted.
You need SD reworked.
Regards

morgano
20th March, 2020, 11:41 AM
Maybe your SD is corrupted.
You need SD reworked.
Regards

Not maybe, SURE, his sd has not good content.

If he post here CID from the sd he’s playing with i can give him good sd image to burn onto it.

dreevo
21st March, 2020, 10:04 PM
Not maybe, SURE, his sd has not good content.

If he post here CID from the sd he’s playing with i can give him good sd image to burn onto it.
Well I never formated the SD before it actually started saying no protocols found by itself so I don't know...
But I guess it doesn't matter anymore cause I formatted it multiple times after that and tried putting files inside etc...
Anyway, this is the CID of the SD card : AOFZGAX1803H01
Thanks for your help mate.

dreevo
21st March, 2020, 10:06 PM
What number of the protocol?
I've tried it on different cars same result...
But I'm usually trying on my car's ECU wich is Simos Continental PCR 2.1

morgano
21st March, 2020, 10:47 PM
That is not CID OF THE SD, search in google how to read it properly.

It is a hex string, so Numbers and letrers from A to F.

If you have an android phone download “sdtools” apk it will read all needed info from the sd inserted in it.

dreevo
21st March, 2020, 11:15 PM
That is not CID OF THE SD, search in google how to read it properly.

It is a hex string, so Numbers and letrers from A to F.

If you have an android phone download “sdtools” apk it will read all needed info from the sd inserted in it.

my bad...
CID : 1d4144534420202010c04615f5010a00

Jupiter199
22nd March, 2020, 07:00 AM
I've tried it on different cars same result...
But I'm usually trying on my car's ECU wich is Simos Continental PCR 2.1

Your can to save this file(protocol N 352) in folder 'Update' program Ksuite and run Ksuite.
Protocol file must be to save on SD card in KESS.

dreevo
22nd March, 2020, 01:03 PM
Your can to save this file(protocol N 352) in folder 'Update' program Ksuite and run Ksuite.
Protocol file must be to save on SD card in KESS.
Well I already tried putting all files in the formatted SD (along with update folder) and that file already exists there, still nothing...

morgano
22nd March, 2020, 01:25 PM
my bad...
CID : 1d4144534420202010c04615f5010a00

Yeah, that seems a reasonable CID, will make your file as soon as i am on PC, now on mobile. ;)

dreevo
22nd March, 2020, 02:06 PM
Yeah, that seems a reasonable CID, will make your file as soon as i am on PC, now on mobile. ;)
Problem solved, the device seems to be working fine...really appreciated mate :peaceful:

morgano
22nd March, 2020, 02:14 PM
Problem solved, the device seems to be working fine...really appreciated mate :peaceful:

Don’t play again with the sd :)

Well, with that one you can play as long as you keep backup of the image i sent you, will work on that sd inserted in kess everytime. ;)