View Full Version : EDC16CP34 - 4.4 flash counter reset

NStuning
3rd May, 2020, 09:32 PM
hi,

please help VW Crafter 2.5 tdi CR edc16cp34 - 4.4 flash counter reset to zero

thx

morgano
3rd May, 2020, 11:35 PM
Saying actual counter values would help.

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 09:36 AM
Saying actual counter values would help.

Flash Attempts: 8 Times
Flash Programmed: 6 Times

Kess says "Wrong security code"
KTAG write FULL BDM with complete Restore okey and car start..if I write only Flash file the car doesn't start. I write FULL BDM again from the first file the car works again.

Shmortz
4th May, 2020, 09:59 AM
did you try to reset counter with KESS using option? what KESS version do you use?

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 10:27 AM
did you try to reset counter with KESS using option? what KESS version do you use?

Yes, the "Wrong security code" always appears. Kess EU clone v2.23.

Shmortz
4th May, 2020, 10:52 AM
try using newer version, last working is 2.53

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 10:53 AM

Resolved Counter reset but I still have the same problem...Thought this would solve my problem.

Galletto through OBD says "ECU locked"

I've never had anything like this before.

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 10:54 AM
try using newer version, last working is 2.53

Yes I did, it's the same.

Shmortz
4th May, 2020, 11:05 AM
Resolved Counter reset but I still have the same problem...Thought this would solve my problem.

Galletto through OBD says "ECU locked"

I've never had anything like this before.

is there any modifications in flash, maybe it is locked for OBD reading?

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 11:17 AM
is there any modifications in flash, maybe it is locked for OBD reading?

I have this one, it's the original I read with OBD at the beginning before locking after few writing in the reworked files.

Shmortz
4th May, 2020, 11:34 AM
what tool did you yse to read it, i have same version i tbink one read with Galetto 54, other maybe with kess, in your dump there is nothing before $180000, one of mine is exactly same, but in the other data is starting from $40000, here is my dump to compare

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 11:37 AM
what tool did you yse to read it, i have same version i tbink one read with Galetto 54, other maybe with kess, in your dump there is nothing before $180000, one of mine is exactly same, but in the other data is starting from $40000, here is my dump to compare

KESS v2.23...and everything was fine a few times...reading and writing over OBD

Shmortz
4th May, 2020, 11:49 AM
maybe you can try find full BDM, make off in eeprom and try, I have one kit from same ECU if you want

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 12:13 PM
maybe you can try find full BDM, make off in eeprom and try, I have one kit from same ECU if you want

I have some full BDM form here from forum...but eeprom is not the same so it won't work, right? Can I just insert my eeprom instead of that eeprom and leave the other files? Or I can use IMMO Universal Decoding v3.2 is this software OK for that? Because I have to write everything together, when I write a single Flash file, the car does not want to start (no heater lamp and no turning then). When I write everything together with the first file, the car works again.

p.s. yes as you say make off... I can use IMMO Universal Decoding v3.2 is this software OK for that?

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 01:04 PM
Can you please help me with immo off? I tried with immoo universale 3.2 and immo service tool v 1.2 and no luck :(

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 02:14 PM

Solved with ED16 calc ... immo off good.
New full BDM from another ECU and Immo off all okey now ... I can read and write again through OBD.

Thx

NStuning
4th May, 2020, 02:17 PM
Solved. Thank you!