PDA

View Full Version : KESS V2 5.017 EU CLONE RED - EDC/ECU LIST - CAN OR KLINE and others

mjieteq
19th August, 2020, 10:10 AM
Hi!

I've got an idea, there are many of us who are using clone tools to be honest.
So maybe we can help each other sharing the info about flashing - I mean KLINE or CAN and options like pullUp resistor 225Ohm or Speed - with KESS V2 5.017 EU RED.
Maybe we can aggregate here infos about your flashing success/ no success with certain ECU.

I think the easiest and the most readable formula will be like that:

Kess origin_place and PCB board year date (if you remember):
Have you touch something in KESS PCB board ?:
Operating System:
Vehicle brand:
Model:
Year:
ECU Type:
ECU SW:
ECU HW:
Engine with codename:
Connection type:
Checksum calculated via ?:
Full read or not:
Results:

I can start with an examplary car I've done last time.

Kess origin_place and PCB board year date (if you remember): AliExpress (seller: OBD2 Wonder Store), 2017.4.1 (with "QL20.18" mark/ letter symbol, I don't know what it mean (Quality check?!) - maybe you know?), reworked, but not fully as we all know.
Have you touch something in KESS PCB board ?: No, I don't. As I bought I use it, but I saw the PCB board to be sure about soldering etc.. and thats it
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 SP1
Vehicle brand: Ford EU version
Model: Focus MK1
Year: 2000
ECU type: EEC-V TDDI
ECU HW: 98ABBGH
ECU SW: PULD6A0.HEX
Engine with codename: 1.8 TDDI, Diesel, C9DX [I don't remember exactly]
Connection type: this car is using J1850 PWM
Checksum calculated via ?: Kess autochecksum [if you write, kess is asking about ori file to calculate checksums and you should give him ori. Tested winols and ecmtitanium checksum engine - also works well]
Full read or not: Yes, complete.
Results:
R/W without any problems many times.
You can read this car without any power supplies/ car_battery_charger, but only if your car battery is good, but.. to be honest - you should always write only with power supplies - safety first.
Im very sure this ecu/ car could be written without any chargers, but.. you know.

Hmm so.. thats was it.
I leave this post maybe it will be hot topic, will be nice to everyone us ;)

P.S I've attached my KESS PCB board photos, you of course also can do that, but only if you want, not necessary.

Regards!