PDA

View Full Version : SMART CAR

radiosolutions
20th January, 2010, 06:31 PM
SMART CAR 02 REG, CENTRAL LOCKING MOTORS JUST KEEP GOING UP AND DOWN, HAVE TO DISCONNECT BATTERY TO STOP IT. ALL DOOR MOTORS SEEM TO BE OK, AS ANYONE COME ACROSS THIS PROBLEM. THANKS

ash08
20th January, 2010, 06:43 PM
whats the battery like a m8 had this happen on his mondeo was coz battery was shag'd

radiosolutions
20th January, 2010, 06:47 PM
BATTERY IS NEW MATE

laldog
20th January, 2010, 07:05 PM
You may have to disconnect the drivers door to see if it stops doing it. If it does it sounds like something is sticking in the unit itself.
You could try spraying loads of WD40 in the lock and working the lock on/off to see if this helps.

Meat-Head
20th January, 2010, 08:53 PM
the word on the street is the central control unit fills with water.

apart from that no idea, but they go like hot fresh shit off a shvoel

laldog
20th January, 2010, 10:41 PM
The water ingress usually bothers the gearbox ecu but it would be worthwhile checking it.

radiosolutions
20th January, 2010, 11:22 PM
i have disconnected each motor in turn but it is still doing it.

topcar2007
22nd January, 2010, 05:33 PM
Check the recoding of the remote, once I've recoded the remote.

Bris
23rd April, 2010, 12:53 PM
The central locking going crazy is a very clear sign if water in the sam unit. Most likely there will be other symptoms with the car, usually headlights or indicators not working. Remove your sam unit and dry it out ASAP. In all likliehood you will be up for a new SAM and that will require the car to go to a Mercedes or Smart Dealer for synchronisation.

Also, check the scuttle drain for leaks. Go to www.evilution.co.uk (http://www.evilution.co.uk) for a guide to stopping and fixing leaks in smart cars

pugmaduk
24th April, 2010, 04:10 AM
I have had this on a 2001 Smart Pulse but that uses a ZEE module rather than SAM. The problem was a corrupt key ( 3 button type) causing the locking to cycle so much that in the end it burnt out all of the locking motors before I got to the job. Using the spare key to unlock sorted out the problem and I was then happy to fit the new motors. Removed circuit board from bad key so it could never be accidently pressed again then got a new spare key sorted for it. You should have a SAM unit on that year though, unless it is a late registered model, so I would be checking for water ingress as suggested. These also flash the indicators about 8 or 9 times rapidly, indicating battery in key requires replacing soon. Have known other garages spending ages tracing that "fault".

vuno01
26th May, 2011, 02:41 AM
does it still goes up and down when the engine is running if not check the keyfob for a stuck button

autotrans
26th May, 2011, 12:07 PM
Had this on an old rover 216 a few years back the central locking kept popping up & down even when driving. turned out to be central locking E C U