PDA

View Full Version : Unable to virginize BSI peugeot 307 valeo

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone! I have problems with virginizing BSI for peugeot 307. Original BSI got burnt and I had to replace it. I read pin code from ECU and I bought second-hand BSI Valeo which seemed to be very similar, I made backup of it's EEPROM 95160 with CarProg and the dump was fine, I could read it's PIN code, VIN and mileage for example. After connecting it to car (just to test if PIN code is correct, I know the car wouldn't start) and tried to get to transponder programming menu in Peugeot Planet 2000 just to check if PIN code I read was fine and it accepted that PIN code. But after virginizing this BSI with ImmoKiller or IMMO Universal Decoding 3.2, Peugeot Planet 2000 says BSI is empty. I tried even writing to EEPROM virginized file from another thread here and I tried coding it from "Replacement parts" menu in PP2000 and then entering VIN and coding components (radio and other stuff) was successful. However when I try to program transponder PP2000 again says BSI is empty and does not learn new PIN code always shows "BSI is empty". With my virginized file or with the file I took from another thread here. I tried filling this EEPROM with FF but after that BSI got crazy (wipers running on their own, lights switching on and off on their own). What is wrong ? Lexia Diagbox version is 7.02

bendy
5th January, 2021, 12:56 PM
Post ori dump and year of 307, I will help.

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 04:01 PM
Thank you for quick response! Year 2003, in attachment original dump of new BSI I'd like to adapt in this car

rafal
5th January, 2021, 04:51 PM
here virgin
for pin of car ( ori one ) read ecu - if ori bsi demaged

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 05:04 PM
Thank you very much! I'll try it right now!

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 05:23 PM
Unfortunately it did not work. As soon as I turned ignition on wipers started to run on their own, lights switched on on their own, radio got crazy (it's CD reader is making noise), no communication with BSI. I got the same results with programs I mentioned earlier

rafal
5th January, 2021, 05:30 PM
fill whole dump FF then try again
do you know what procedure you should to do?

ieyildirim
5th January, 2021, 05:32 PM
I think your BSI is out of order. I experinced it as yours. Probably your second hand BSI is not work. You have to change another BSI. Probably BSI get wet before.

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 05:46 PM
I want to replace BSI and keep original ECU. Whole procedure as far as I know is: 1. Get PIN code from original BSI or ECU 2. Read new BSI and virginize it. 3. Replace old BSI with virginized one. 4. Go to PP2000-> Replacement parts -> BSI and there option to initialize/load/code/adapt BSI (I have polish version I don't know what is this option equivalent in english) 5. Enter proper VIN then telecoding of features in car 6. Access code and key transponder learning I attach photo of new BSI. Modification of 95160 EEPROM should be enough, right ?

rafal
5th January, 2021, 05:51 PM
as i told you - fill whole dump ff and try again programm donor bsi
also learn how to press something after get help...............

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 05:52 PM
I think your BSI is out of order. I experinced it as yours. Probably your second hand BSI is not work. You have to change another BSI. Probably BSI get wet before. When I write original dump of this BSI (I made backup before modifying EEPROM) all problems are gone. Windows work well, all lights work as expected not on their own, wipers too. Central lock works (remote not obviously), radio works normally without any noises. I suppose BSI is fine not damaged. The only problems are that because of different PIN code engine does not start (ECU has difderent and key transponder has the same as ECU) and remote door lock does not work also. I don't know what is wrong as for now

rafal
5th January, 2021, 05:55 PM
ahhhhhhh ok - you are playing with bsi because car is not starting ?

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 05:59 PM
as i told you - fill whole dump ff and try again programm donor bsi also learn how to press something after get help............... I'll try it. Sorry, I'm new here, homework done. Sorry for trivial question but might those problems be caused by the option I choose in CarProg ? I use CarProg v8.21 and I read/write this EEPROM through Dashbord->Peugeot->307->BSI->Valeo 95160

rafal
5th January, 2021, 06:03 PM
i will never use carprog or fvdi to play with bsi................but for valeo - some users said - that is ok - i have other way
homework - you are not first who said like that - lol
in my homework - i am using other tools - like vacuum cleaner - but not carprog

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 06:04 PM
ahhhhhhh ok - you are playing with bsi because car is not starting ? In short: yes. Car came normally but had burnt part of BSI which was responsible for headlights and it was impossible to recover it. After some tries to recover it it completely died, car no longer started. Original dump from burnt BSI was corrupted. I bought similar BSI and I wanted to replace burnt one. For test I bought also cheap set ECU+ BSI +key but that ECU does not fit to this engine, I have to launch fuel pump manually, ECU can't launch it. So I wanted to just replace BSI

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 06:11 PM
i will never use carprog or fvdi to play with bsi................but for valeo - some users said - that is ok - i have other way homework - you are not first who said like that - lol in my homework - i am using other tools - like vacuum cleaner - but not carprog CarProg seems to be fine, I think. When I write original dump back to BSI it works fine but cannot start the engine

rafal
5th January, 2021, 06:14 PM
what engine and ecu?

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 06:18 PM
Engine 2.0 HDi, ECU is EDC15C2 has 3 plugs

rafal
5th January, 2021, 06:22 PM
Engine 2.0 HDi, ECU is EDC15C2 has 3 plugs

read flash and eeprom - i will do off

tomekdev
5th January, 2021, 06:27 PM
I don't have programmer to read flash in this ECU at the moment and carprog most.likely can't read it. Is it possible to read it without desoldering or special programmer ? I saw sonewhere that it is

rafal
5th January, 2021, 06:28 PM
k-tag , galletto , mpps and many more

bendy
6th January, 2021, 01:40 PM
HI,
TRY THIS Test & Report

Pass in PM

tomekdev
6th January, 2021, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately it didn't work. BSI behaved normally, nothing gone crazy, communication with BSI was OK but when I typed in PIN code from ECU it said BSI empty like in picture I attach.

Edit: I have polish version of DiagBox/Lexia

Edit2: It looks like the only way is IMMO OFF as rafal said

Talleresmalaga
6th January, 2021, 06:22 PM
I want to replace BSI and keep original ECU. Whole procedure as far as I know is: 1. Get PIN code from original BSI or ECU 2. Read new BSI and virginize it. 3. Replace old BSI with virginized one. 4. Go to PP2000-> Replacement parts -> BSI and there option to initialize/load/code/adapt BSI (I have polish version I don't know what is this option equivalent in english) 5. Enter proper VIN then telecoding of features in car 6. Access code and key transponder learning I attach photo of new BSI. Modification of 95160 EEPROM should be enough, right ?

just change the eepro from the original to the donor one, it is enough to start and then use diagbox to adapt bsi to your vehicle with manual telecoding

At DK we are so used to being given files, that we forget to think and work for ourselves, we miss those help posts, which explained what to do, and not download a file in exchange for a reputation click. ...

Cheers

darox2005
6th January, 2021, 06:28 PM
I think you must buy new kit ecu+bsi or correct bsi , immo off nothing changed because your bsi is corrupted , you can try but i think your car still not started .

tomekdev
6th January, 2021, 06:48 PM
I bought another kit ECU + BSI + key let's call it kit X and it works good except that ECU from this kit does not control fuel pump. So that's why I want to keep original ECU. I bought another BSI and cloned BSI from kit X (read BSI from kit X and programmed EEPROM to another BSI, PIN code also was cloned) and it worked without issues (I didn't do any PIN code learning only telecoding car features e.g. radio, alarm). I'd like to adapt secondhand BSI (virginize it earlier) to original ECU but it always ends with BSI gone crazy or information "BSI empty". This secondhand BSI with unmodified EEPROM works good but immo blocks engine start because of PIN code mismatch between ECU and BSI

tomekdev
6th January, 2021, 06:51 PM
EEPROM content from original (burnt) BSI is corrupted unfortunately

tomekdev
6th January, 2021, 06:56 PM
Probably stupid question but is there any difference if choose "Diagbox" or "Peugeot Planet 2000" ?

fady eid
7th January, 2021, 01:36 PM
i am sorry to inform u that all this replys are not from people speciallized in this cars they just try to help u

to fix this after u fill the FF to bsi then go to pp2000 if it says blank ok get out off pp2000 and choose citroen c3 and write vin then go with lexia for citroen and add keys so it will accept the pin code here its might accept the key also and everything is okay otherwise go back to pp2000 and 307 - bsi - learning - add key surprise it will accept the key :) dont forget the reply with thanks & reput

rafal
7th January, 2021, 03:30 PM
i am sorry to inform u that all this replys are not from people speciallized in this cars they just try to help u
to fix this after u fill the FF to bsi then go to pp2000 if it says blank ok get out off pp2000 and choose citroen c3 and write vin then go with lexia for citroen and add keys so it will accept the pin code here its might accept the key also and everything is okay otherwise go back to pp2000 and 307 - bsi - learning - add key surprise it will accept the key :) dont forget the reply with thanks & reput

good joke m8.........................
dk - it is not the school...............

tomekdev
8th January, 2021, 12:25 AM

Thank you very much, I'll check it if I will have enough time. As for now I did immo off in ECU using Galletto by filling flash dump in addresses from 0x7cc5a to 0x7ccc6 with FF

bendy
8th January, 2021, 01:21 PM
Here other option,

tomekdev
9th January, 2021, 01:01 PM
Problem fixed. The solution was quite surprising to me and similar to solution suggested by fady eid. It was as follows:
1. Write original dump of BSI and make any modification even just one byte (but it doesn't have to be original dump from BSI, I think, it might be any dump, even FFs as long as there is communication with BSI and it doesn't go crazy, what happened to me few times).
2. PP2000 in BSI initializing/learning says the BSI is empty instead of forcing learning new PIN code (I got this with all attempts with many different dumps and virginized ones, which didn't cause the BSI to go crazy).
3. Exit PP2000 and go to Citroen, select C3 and there I initialized BSI. Program displayed warning about unrecognized BSI but I continued.
4. Program asked for new PIN code, typed it in 2 times and new PIN code has been programmed.
5. Go back to PP2000, replacement parts, BSI and try initalizing once again.
6. PP2000 asked for PIN code and it accepted new PIN code I entered in LEXIA (citroen C3), key learning was successful, remote started to work too.

To sum up, I think that in my case altering EEPROM in any way (modify any byte) causes some kind of checksum mismatch in BSI what leads to BSI being considered empty by PP2000. However when BSI was empty, PP2000 didn't want to program new (extracted from ECU) PIN code in my case or any other PIN code. Switching to LEXIA (selecting Citroen C3) programmed new PIN code in the BSI and when came back to PP2000 it didn't think that BSI was empty anymore, it accepted the PIN code programmed when selected Citroen C3. And then key learning went without problems, there was no need to buy new empty transponders. Original key from the car was learnt by BSI without issues. Remote started to work too. I hope that what I wrote here might be helpful for someone.

Thank you all for your help and patience!

fady eid
12th January, 2021, 07:42 PM
happy as you fixed your problem mate :scarf:

fady eid
12th January, 2021, 07:45 PM
its not a juke i know my words are not good but i am psa speciallized in this cars , when i see a post for another car i could help u but not as the one who speciallized in this car again sorry for my words everyone

vanders
21st August, 2023, 05:08 PM
Was a usefull post for me.. had similar problem with Peugeot 206 nfu 1.6 ME 7.4.4 .. only confusing about the strange lexia citroen c4 part.. i did a download (telecodage) without internet connection ( as cracked version will be stopped by psa server ) and not sure i brought my bsi to original state..
First i virginized my ME 7.4.4 flash and eprom ( with galetto 4 ) with a file of a never used ecu..
After putting back in the car it was posible to code but first and second attempt failed.. as the 4 digit code was not the same as the bsi.. so pairing impossible..
Read again the bsi 95160.. and keycode was not possible to read with peugeot - calculator.. file corrupt? no idea.. then i reprogrammed the key again with peugeot calculator and readed the hexfile it was there on 0x590 and 0x5A0.. and put the file back in the 95160 bsi..
Try with planet if code would be accepted.. ( new key programm ) i had 2 keys which are belonging to this bsi.. but only the one with the remote was succesfull to learn.. the second ( spare ) key not.. 3 attempts and programm closes..strange. will buy some new nxp transponders..
Also the lexia C4 part was all in french.. as diagbox P2000 is in english.. Also not sure about the good and stable working of diagbox.. will look / install for more recent version..
But at the end succes and that is what matters..