PDA

View Full Version : 2014 2.0 TDI Passat EDC17C46 IMMO clone

Dunker
7th March, 2021, 11:11 PM
2014 Passat 2.0 diesel. ECU has an intermittent fault.

Customer has brought me a used ECU from I think a 2012 Tiguan 2.0 diesel he bought from ebay.

ECU has same numbers.

03L 907 309 AE
EDC17C46
0 281 017 946

Orig ECU is HW: H28 and New ECU is HW: H25 if that makes any difference ???

Data in eeproms similar but at different addresses ???

Read with orig PCMFlash

Can someone clone the immo data from the original ECU into the new ECU, including VIN, pin, CS, power factor etc. etc. if possible.

Many thanks.

(Also, the ebay seller included 2 files read from the cluster, they are different sizes so who knows???)

cristo_844
7th March, 2021, 11:48 PM
immo transferred but i don't know if power class is the same!
write new file to the eeprom off tiguan ecu

elektronik325
8th March, 2021, 12:12 AM
Friend. I don't know if it will go well with your HW. I tried once with Edc17c14 which was a different Hw. And it wasn't going. The question is whether the Pcm flasher will fit you well and will not damage the Opt area.

avital
8th March, 2021, 12:25 PM
immo transferred but i don't know if power class is the same!
write new file to the eeprom off tiguan ecu

Power byte and Marken byte for both ECU is the same.

Dunker
10th March, 2021, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure file from cristo_844 is perfect. Car didn't start but fault code was about fuel pump module. Tiguan has module, Passat doesn't. In the end I ended up swapping the MCU. Car runs perfect but it's showing an EGR fault. Whether that's a bad soldered pin or a difference in the ECU I don't know. Can't see there being a physical difference as all the numbers match up apart from the HW number but the PBCs look identical. Easiest way out now is just get the EGR deleted. I'll post a request later.