PDA

View Full Version : Renault Kangoo IMMO light

gregk
16th February, 2010, 11:37 PM
Hi.
Just trying to get your opinion of a odd problem which has now been sorted.
Renault kangoo 1.9d 1999 Whilest driving immo light kept comming up for last few days engine still ran no problem.
Yestarday morning Van refused to start. Pulled Uch and ECU to check connections checked all fuses and relays to make sure they were clean still would not start. Had a look at the wiring at multi plug next to diesel pump and noticed that 1 wire to fuel advance selenoid outer sleeving was slightly cut and wire oxidased when I touched that it fell apart.Resoldered it and van started and IMMO light OFF. I find it strange that this wire would course immo to LOCK IN. [Advance selenoid appeared to work prior to me touching that wire] What do you guys think is it possible? Or should I be looking to get codes read? Thanks Greg

vevepatronu
17th February, 2010, 12:19 AM
try to read the codes... do you have keys with remote? i think your car has Uce not Uch, the uce is a black box with a blue plug... try to open it and see if it is oxidased inside and check the keys (if are with remote), it cracks very often...

syncro
17th February, 2010, 12:39 AM
The pump on these has a shielded soleniod with i**o. So it could have been one of the wires to this on the multiplug that was damaged.

gregk
17th February, 2010, 12:42 AM
Hi thanks for your reply.
Yes key is with remote. Remote never worked as after market one has been fitted in the past.
Can not read codes at the moment as I got no code reader.
Have to wait untill a friend gets back of his holliday then I can read Codes. But as I said before van now Starts and Drives.

smirnoff_rules
17th February, 2010, 12:43 AM
sounds like a crank sensor .. common .. this isnt a immo light u mean engine management light l would think

gregk
17th February, 2010, 12:46 AM
Hi syncro .
The damaged wire I have traced to Fuel advance selenoid on front of the pump hence I find it strange it managed to lock Immo. thx Greg

gregk
17th February, 2010, 12:49 AM
Hi Smirnoff.
No it's def immo light, Engine managment light is well above that and dose come on if crank sensor is discconected.
Crank sensor reads around 250ohm. thx Greg

syncro
17th February, 2010, 01:11 AM
Three of the wires on the pump multi plug go to the stop solenoid. Unplug the multi plug and turn the ignition on the im*o light should stay illuminated.

gregk
18th February, 2010, 11:43 PM
H Syncro.
The immo light stays ON if plug is disconnected and those three wires to stop selenoid are in perfect order.
It's the one with 2 wires to Advance Selenoid which was corroded and making bad connection. Since soldering the wire Van been running OK and immo light goes Off and stays off as it should. As I said erlier it's just a little odd that above wire made immo malfunction. Thx Greg

gregk
18th February, 2010, 11:50 PM
try to read the codes... do you have keys with remote? i think your car has Uce not Uch, the uce is a black box with a blue plug... try to open it and see if it is oxidased inside and check the keys (if are with remote), it cracks very often...
Hi Vevepatronu.
UCE is and was clear of any corrosion and all printed circuit tracks appear ok. As to key fob it has a button and PCB but central locking doesn't work of it, as it's had a Gemini central locking module fitted. It was like that when I bought it. Greg

vevepatronu
19th February, 2010, 10:48 AM
your immo led is light by the immo box in this case and not the ecu or that valve... regarding that valve you can make a strap directly for it because has the coded module separate from it and just disable that module.... i think your problem are the keys... try to get off the battery from the key and see if it works ...

synkrotronic
19th February, 2010, 11:52 PM
Hi.
You could try to open keys,confirm circuits,res-soldering all connections,including solenoid.Them confirm if work.
If all OK adapt remotes.

Regards

gregk
20th February, 2010, 01:23 AM
Thank you both for posting reply will check the remote out and see if anything needs resoldering. And post back it's a little too late to try tonight. thx again Greg

gregk
20th February, 2010, 07:56 PM
HI.
Had a look at the control box and key remote, PCB tracks & solder joints look ok I have a feeling that remote needs re programing to central locking as remote LED is flashing but not recognised by central locking box/immo.
Vevepatronu you are right in saying that ECU isn't coded as I've tried a diffrent one and car still starts in fact it sims to drive better with New ECU.

Which would be a best PC lead/cable to buy for testing/programming for Renault 1999? If not too expensive I will buy one. Thx Greg

vevepatronu
20th February, 2010, 11:10 PM
Renault can clip is the best choice m8, but you need some luck to get a working one.... your ecu just tranzit the immo code... there are some problems with this cars, it looses the code from the immo box and the keys needs to be recoded and will work....

gregk
21st February, 2010, 01:03 AM
Renault can clip is the best choice m8, but you need some luck to get a working one.... your ecu just tranzit the im*o code... there are some problems with this cars, it looses the code from the im*o box and the keys needs to be recoded and will work....

Thx Vevepatronu
Yeh Can CLip would be nice but cheapest Clone I can find is ?300.00 And as I'm not in the trade anymore I can't justify spending that much just so it gets used now and again.

If I bought kkl vag-com cable and used it with ddt2000 would I be able to read error codes? recode key fob or set full throttle position on the pump? Or does it all have to be done with can clip? Thankyou again for taking time to reply. Greg

vevepatronu
21st February, 2010, 11:39 AM
ddt will work but only for some cars... work best on cars with kline....