PDA

View Full Version : Coding Peugeot Headunit

mrblue
19th February, 2010, 05:41 PM
Bought my girlfriend a new headunit for her 206. She has given me her factory headunit and Ive been trying to install it in my 307.

It works ok but its beeping so will be needing coded. I phoned peugeot who want ?40 to code it.

They asked me if I had the code, if i did it would be ?20 cheaper.

So just wondering if anyone can give me the code and it will save me a few quid.

The radio in question is,

Model No: PSARCD100-01
TOX000
Prod No: FD0103230377364
VDO RD3-01
VDAPSF30377364
REF.PEUGEOT:
96 489 417 XT00
VDS0377364

ilian_cho
19th February, 2010, 08:26 PM
You must to modify dump with same vin code on car. Post dump from audio and you VIN, and i will try to modify it.Or conect pin 11 on mcu to gnd.(i think that pin 11 is beppp signal, pin 10 must be ground. just short pin10 and 11)

the_big_d
19th February, 2010, 08:30 PM
They asked me if I had the code, if i did it would be ?20 cheaper.

What do they mean ? the 'code' that goes into the unit is the cars own vin. :dontknow:

mrblue
19th February, 2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for your help but I have no idea what you are talking about to be perfectly honest.

If you could explain it to me that would be great.

.....yea I thought that too, I didnt think my radio had a code, I thought it had to be coded to the vin number.

mrblue
19th February, 2010, 08:36 PM
My vin number is VF33C8HZB82221505

If you need any details for the 206 please let me know.

PremierD
19th February, 2010, 08:40 PM
My vin number is VF33C8HZB82221505

If you need any details for the 206 please let me know.

No mate .. we only need the dump from the 206 radio.. so that YOUR vin can be edited in to it .....( now that will be a problem I think)

PremierD
19th February, 2010, 08:42 PM
What do they mean ? the 'code' that goes into the unit is the cars own vin. :dontknow:

They were pulling a CON mate .... there is No code ... Except the VIN of the vehicle that it is going into...

mrblue
19th February, 2010, 08:47 PM
Thought so....but what do you mean radio dump, can you explain this to me and I will do my best to get it....

mrblue
19th February, 2010, 08:49 PM
I noticed something about this radio beeping. For a few days I only had the new speakers I bought for my parcel shelf connected to the radio, and it never beeped...although it became just a silent pause instead of an audible bleep. When I connected the front car speakers the beeping returned.

PremierD
19th February, 2010, 09:07 PM
I noticed something about this radio beeping. For a few days I only had the new speakers I bought for my parcel shelf connected to the radio, and it never beeped...although it became just a silent pause instead of an audible bleep. When I connected the front car speakers the beeping returned.

With all due respect to your abillities mate .... I think that the cheapest option for you is to pay the ?20 or ?40 squid ... coz you will need to spend a lot more to be able to do it yourself ....sorry

z786
19th February, 2010, 09:30 PM
..............unless you know how to desolder/solder smd's & own a programmer?

mrblue
19th February, 2010, 09:38 PM
I know how to desolder/solder alright but dont have a programmer.

pug_dari
19th February, 2010, 09:53 PM
You can do the coding by PPS2000, that`s how the dealer do,
if you know any one mate near u he can do it.
Dealer don't do de-soldering/soldering on site.

PremierD
19th February, 2010, 10:11 PM
You can do the coding by PPS2000, that`s how the dealer do,
if you know any one mate near u he can do it.
Dealer don't do de-soldering/soldering on site.

Correct mate ...and the going rate used to be about ?35...either way It is a lot easier than attempting it by himself...because the eeprom is in the tuner can... and a fcuker to get to ... the soldering four wires to the PCB seldom works with this model ...there is a resistor between the clock and data pins ....so it is a major job ..even when you do know what you are doing ...(did two today)

pug_dari
20th February, 2010, 02:45 PM
"Not every one can do anything"

Out there are some specialized people who can do the most difficult way,
like soldering /reading /de-coding/coding /re-soldering

so a bit of time and concentration with the right tools and in the right way.
(?35 not included the travel expenses for dealer job!!)

My question is:
How to do the easiest way by offical tool original or clone, the procedure to be take...?

How to replace the VIN in to the head unit by PPS2000?

I think better to the dealer, and all sorted