PDA

View Full Version : CGDI BMW CAS3+ ISTAP downgrade not working , remote key.

baddaren
7th April, 2022, 07:23 PM
Hello, today today tried to make remote key(keyless) for BMW330I year2008, E93. Using CGDI BMW and 100A stabilisator at 14,2V. It was CAS3+ istap, had to downgrade. Remote is working but car is not starting. Display on car says electric steering wheel lock defective. Can I repair this with BMW E series programming feature in CGDI BMW?? Anyone.

Antonio266
7th April, 2022, 07:29 PM
You could try to Sync ELV-CAS by diagnostic, you can also do it by CGDI.
But I think to solve you will need to dismantle CAS and read Flash and Eeprom with a programmer.

baddaren
7th April, 2022, 09:14 PM
already tried to sync ELV-CAS. No succes. dismantle CAS, if read Flash and Eeprom, how do I repair?

Antonio266
7th April, 2022, 09:45 PM
Post files here, could be Flash corrupted, or most probably Eeprom corrupted.

baddaren
7th April, 2022, 10:15 PM
I do thank you Antonio. Regards J

baddaren
8th April, 2022, 02:17 PM
Here is Eeprom and flash packed, If you can help please. Dash is not black and remote and keyless function works. But car is not starting. I was stupid, did downgrade by OBD. Regards J

viercha
8th April, 2022, 03:35 PM
Eeprom coruptet end key wrong config.

BR EDDY

baddaren
8th April, 2022, 06:02 PM
Hello Eddy, I am very very very greatfull. I just have to program Eeprom with VVDI Prog and both keys will work? Or do I have to reprogram keys on bench? Flash is ok? Do I need any password for zip file? Regards J

baddaren
10th April, 2022, 12:59 PM
Thank you viercha, your fixed Eeprom and flash files worked, you are great!! I have no idea how you did it? I tried to make remote key for CAS3+istap downgraded by CGDI BMW. It said success but car BMW 330I year 2008 did not start. In display said some problem with ELV, but it was CAS. Uploaded picture from CAS module, (sticker) , Eeprom and Flash here on DK. Support of power did not help, I had power supply (stabilisator) 100Amps and 14,2V during downgrade. This is the first time CGDI BMW did not work, seems I should make only CAS3+istap on bench. But the others works?? One more thing, I made key no 8, the car was keyless. I should have made key 1 and 2 to make the keyless function work on both keys. Now keyless did not work on my spare key. I was in a really bad situation here, helping my best friend with a key! The alternative was to go to BMW here in Sweden, they would have changed CAS module and I would have to pay approx 2500 pounds. Best Regards Jakob

Weasel3
11th April, 2022, 08:40 AM
Thank you viercha, your fixed Eeprom and flash files worked, you are great!! I have no idea how you did it? I tried to make remote key for CAS3+istap downgraded by CGDI BMW. It said success but car BMW 330I year 2008 did not start. In display said some problem with ELV, but it was CAS. Uploaded picture from CAS module, (sticker) , Eeprom and Flash here on DK. Support of power did not help, I had power supply (stabilisator) 100Amps and 14,2V during downgrade. This is the first time CGDI BMW did not work, seems I should make only CAS3+istap on bench. But the others works?? One more thing, I made key no 8, the car was keyless. I should have made key 1 and 2 to make the keyless function work on both keys. Now keyless did not work on my spare key. I was in a really bad situation here, helping my best friend with a key! The alternative was to go to BMW here in Sweden, they would have changed CAS module and I would have to pay approx 2500 pounds. Best Regards Jakob
On CAS3. (And maybe CAS2/CAS1).
I think you only are obligated, with 2 Keyless keys active. 3 keys not possible.
So if choosing a different position.
Need to disable one of the positions, which held the Keyless key earlier.

And need to do this, before adding the extra Keyless key.

Or else it will just behave like, like a standard slot key.