PDA

View Full Version : Power and smoke problem with LOG 1.9 TDI

davidelbosque
26th July, 2022, 09:16 AM
Hello, my golf car 1.9 pd, enters limp mode, I change the empty ca tubes and the n75.
The new n75 when installed the car throws a lot of white smoke but it responds at 1900rpm...

the old n75 doesn't put out white smoke but it puts out very late at 2400-2500rpm.

turbo checked, what can it be here you have a log with my old n75, can someone take a look at it?

Greetings and thank you.

ceecdk
26th July, 2022, 10:26 AM
Ecu works ok, ask max n75 but turbo doesn't boost.
If it's vnt turbo check vnt rod moves aprox 1cm up/down when engine starts. After rev engine to 3k or 4k rod must move a little too. If rod doesn't move you have stuck vnt, bad turbo valve, bad n75, bad vacuum hoses...

davidelbosque
29th July, 2022, 12:36 PM
Hello, thank you very much for your help, I have changed the map sensor and the maf, it turns out that the old N75 only moves the wasgate a little and the new one moves 1 cm when starting... at high revolutions the old one works but at low speeds it doesn't. new n75 works at low and high revs but the car releases white smoke... the vnt works, it moves with the hand easily... I'm going to change the vacuum tubes this is very rare it's the first time it happens to me.

ceecdk
29th July, 2022, 12:54 PM
If now VNT works ok and boost is good all revs, but you have white smoke from exhaust it's...
- turbo seals/cartridge leaking when boost
- injection
- tandem pump
- egr
- coolant

davidelbosque
29th July, 2022, 05:06 PM
Hello, yesterday I was testing the turbo pipes and it does not make oil, the egr is physically disabled and closed on the ecu map, the coolant does not drop in level nor does it have oil stains...

How do I check the tandem pump?

I leave the injectors for the last place since when removing them I prefer to put new gaskets on them before reinstalling them...

Thank you very much!

ceecdk
29th July, 2022, 05:47 PM
You can check tandem with visual leaks (oil), oil level going up in sump or fuel filter contaminated. Last pressure test aprox 3-4 bar idle and 8-10bar 4k rpm.

Check well injection timming and coolant/air/fuel temp sensors.