PDA

View Full Version : Toyota iQ 1.0 VVT-i 2009.01 B2799 fault code

Anzelmas
24th August, 2022, 01:06 PM
Hi, m8s!
The car don't start, but starter is working. There are no fault codes in Immobilizer module. B2799 - Engine Immobilizer System fault code present in engine CU.
I checked all cables from Immo CU to engine CU, feeding of the Immo CU - everything is OK. I left the car for 45 min. with ignition ON and 4 - 13 pins shortef on OBD - didn't help. Key chip can read, no problem.
Need good kick what to look next...

fragga
24th August, 2022, 01:41 PM
Hi, m8s!
The car don't start, but starter is working. There are no fault codes in Immobilizer module. B2799 - Engine Immobilizer System fault code present in engine CU.
I checked all cables from Immo CU to engine CU, feeding of the Immo CU - everything is OK. I left the car for 45 min. with ignition ON and 4 - 13 pins shortef on OBD - didn't help. Key chip can read, no problem.
Need good kick what to look next...

If the remote can lock and unlock doors, your problem might be on the Steering lock module or The Immobilizer that is behind the Air conditioning unit, one of those two if water damaged can cause B2799, you won't get any DTC in the Immobilizer

Anzelmas
24th August, 2022, 02:01 PM
Yes, remote is working. Steering lock is mechanical, Immo CU contacts are in perfect condition, no water damage. In addition I have resoldered processor and contacts inside the Immo box. I had the similar car with the same problem some years ago and resoldering of the processor helped. But not this time :(

Anzelmas
30th August, 2022, 04:50 PM
As I don't know what to do next decided to read EEPROMs from Immo box and ECU.
Dump from ECU EEPROM is very strange. I don't know is it OK or not. Can somebody check it, please?
Can somebody check is the synchro good? If not, please, fix it.

ECU

Fujitsu 89661-74060
EEPROM RH56

Immo box

Tokai Rika 89780-74010
EEPROM S93C66

Key

Texas 4D (crypto)
Page 1: B2 Locked
Page 2: CA Locked
Page 3: 9A6E2B16 Locked