PDA

View Full Version : How to read EDC16u34

milanored
20th September, 2022, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, my wifes ecu died and i have to buy a new (used) one.
now i have to challange the immo.
how do i read and write the eeprom from the new ecu?
i've read alot but cant find the right solution.

Pleas can someone give me a good advice.

Thanks in advance

PS: i have vcds, mpps v16, Delphi at home but this is a whole new level.

What i understand is that i have to unsolder the eeprom read it, calculate the immo off then rewrite the eeprom Ind resolder it to the board.
But i don't understand how to treat and write.

arabtyrant
21st September, 2022, 12:24 AM
Hello
read eeprom from the new ecu send here i fix immo off
dont forget thanks

rafal
21st September, 2022, 05:19 AM
Hello
dont forget thanks

That's bad solution for user
Probably you miss understood what user wrote above.
He doesn't have tool to read what you wanted.
----------------
Answer for milanored:
Just move eeprom from Ori to donor ECU and car will start.
If your ori flash w/o any mode all will be ok.

raceshadow
21st September, 2022, 06:10 AM
"my wifes ecu died" :glee: My wife also needs a new ECU, she stopped washing dishes. :biggrin-new::biggrin-new: swap eeprom from old to new ECU and done. But you have to have exactly the same ECU. The HW number must be the same.

milanored
21st September, 2022, 07:02 AM
That's bad solution for user
Probably you miss understood what user wrote above.
He doesn't have tool to read what you wanted.
----------------
Answer for milanored:
Just move eeprom from Ori to donor ECU and car will start.
If your ori flash w/o any mode all will be ok.

Thanks for the advice, but the last sentence i didn't understand. What do you mean with flash without any mode?

milanored
21st September, 2022, 07:02 AM
Hello
dont forget thanks

Thanks for your effort, but i wanted to know how to get the date of the eeprom.

milanored
21st September, 2022, 07:08 AM
"my wifes ecu died" :glee: My wife also needs a new ECU, she stopped washing dishes. :biggrin-new::biggrin-new: swap eeprom from old to new ECU and done. But you have to have exactly the same ECU. The HW number must be the same.

Hahahhaha you understand my humor. The hardware NR is not the same... I'll try to attach picturesOld:
New:

kppow666
21st September, 2022, 07:22 AM
open ecu bdm reading example k-tag... or desolder eeprom and reading example carprog...

Panathaole
21st September, 2022, 07:49 AM
Hahahhaha you understand my humor. The hardware NR is not the same... I'll try to attach picturesOld:
New:

the Bosch hw are the same, so you can clone the ori to donor.... You need BDM tool to do that.... or make a back up the ori eeprom with a simple programmer(if you can get one...) and put it on donor and test.....

milanored
21st September, 2022, 08:32 AM
And if i swap the eeprom chip from ori to donor? Like raceshadow said

milanored
21st September, 2022, 08:34 AM
What kind of simple programmer do you mean? That is the information I'm looking for.

elektronik325
21st September, 2022, 08:40 AM
Hi how you don't have BDM, Ktag, Galletto or other ecu reading tool. Look for a small 8 pin memory 95160 or 95320. Desolder the ecu and solder to the new ecu and do not combine. Because you will have to buy a third ecu soon. Best regards

milanored
21st September, 2022, 09:17 AM
Because I'm usually do some diagnosis and that's it.
The broken ecu is a whole new level to me.

So I'm desolder the eeprom from my original ecu and solder it to the new one and that's it?
With vcds i can delete all fault codes and the car will start and run?

Panathaole
21st September, 2022, 09:38 AM

So I'm desolder the eeprom from my original ecu and solder it to the new one and that's it?

no mate.... because the sw in ecu is not the same..... i suggest you to make a eeprom back up first and then try it..... if mcu corrupt your ori eeprom then you get in trouble...

if you wanna play with this thats ok, you can learn, otherwise give the ecus to a tuner to make them clone....... is not to much expensive.....

look in youb@be.... so many videos there to learn....

elektronik325
21st September, 2022, 04:24 PM

Exactly. Since the ecu will be ori (doner) of the car, then yes. And the eeprom will not be damaged.

elektronik325
21st September, 2022, 04:30 PM
no mate.... because the sw in ecu is not the same..... i suggest you to make a eeprom back up first and then try it..... if mcu corrupt your ori eeprom then you get in trouble...

if you wanna play with this thats ok, you can learn, otherwise give the ecus to a tuner to make them clone....... is not to much expensive.....

look in youb@be.... so many videos there to learn....

That's right. Ecm yuner won't take much of him. But if he wants to learn, let him try. He will buy a BDM a pair of edc 16 will burn when reading, but maybe he will learn. The question is also how the ecu is damaged. Since his processor is burnt, the best programmer will not lose him. Only a programmer. As long as the ecu has a car and there is no damaged eeprom. Best regards