Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    339 Posts

Default Android hotspot booster

Hi guys, I bought an android TV stick from Ali express and I got it loaded with apps for an extra price when it arrived, I've got a good android 5g phone but streaming is a nightmare, I was wondering if anyone knows how I can boost my mobile hotspot to stream with quality without paying my network provider for a broadband contract, I'm sure there's a way, I've tried providing the stick with 2 amp 5v but no good, when I change my phone from 2 4ghz to 5 ghz, I lose connection altogether, any way to boost the mobile hotspot ? Cheers

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,872 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al70 View Post
    Hi guys, I bought an android TV stick from Ali express and I got it loaded with apps for an extra price when it arrived, I've got a good android 5g phone but streaming is a nightmare, I was wondering if anyone knows how I can boost my mobile hotspot to stream with quality without paying my network provider for a broadband contract, I'm sure there's a way, I've tried providing the stick with 2 amp 5v but no good, when I change my phone from 2 4ghz to 5 ghz, I lose connection altogether, any way to boost the mobile hotspot ? Cheers
    Whats your speedtest like? You should leave phone near window. Many things in the home can block mobile signal coming in. If you are losing signal on 5ghz then the stick only has 2.4ghz. It would not be a hotspot issue with the wifi signal to the stick if it is in the same room.
    HaynesPro online 2024 + AC 2022.02a available, message for where to get them!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    339 Posts

Ahh, I never checked the GHz on the stick before I purchased, thanks for the reply mate, another occasion that I didn't read the small print, cheers

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,872 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al70 View Post
    Ahh, I never checked the GHz on the stick before I purchased, thanks for the reply mate, another occasion that I didn't read the small print, cheers
    It does not matter, 2.4 is more than capable to run the stick. Problem is your signal coming in to your phone. If you have 5-10mb speed you should have enough to run any streams
    HaynesPro online 2024 + AC 2022.02a available, message for where to get them!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crouchinggerbil For This Useful Post:

al70 (14th June, 2024)