Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    496 Posts

Hi
    Were all the cars programmed to add remotes? How did the remotes act on different cars?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,404 Posts

Fuzz1 , yes keys were programmed to individual cars on the vans i attended , the keys only started the van they were coded to but the remotes worked on numerous vans . its down to having same remote data generated on a number of remotes all with same data .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 20th June, 2024 at 02:51 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

fuzz1 (20th June, 2024)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Ive had this on the Swift too, was trying to program 2 x NB remotes, when cycling the second key it kept saying failed, transponder is already programmed. Both keys would actually start the car only one remote works at a time though, if you press the other remote buttons around 5 or 6 times it will start working & knock the other one out. I thought i would try on KD NB & one XH super remote, alarmingly as soon as i generated the remote it could start & open the car without even programming it.
    Other models i have had similar issues with is Clio 3 & Mitsubishi Outlander, They dont seem to like 2 x KD remotes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manta1600 View Post
    few months ago I added 3 aftermarket keys on 3 Grandland's in one place - every remote work on all 3 cars

Few days ago Honda Jazz 2022 AKL - Programmed one aftermarket key and is not possible to program the second one - Programmed only the second one work OK but not possible to program the first one

All keys had different ID

Aftermarket indeed same issue at times - Partner 2012 or something like that, had to add 2 aftermarket remotes - only one of them will work, as soon as you use the other one, one action and then nothing happens expect car system locks up for a minute after which first one can be used again endlessly, use sencond one and same issue. Ori key works fine (for the one key button that still was there). When programming in other order, the one that fussed now works ok and the other one which did work ok, now packs up... same issue with same ID. Had only stock available from one supplier , so no go, should have made a KDY as it would have had another ID , that would have worked most likely.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    496 Posts

To conclude ...
    Using different supplier of remotes might solve above issues
    Combination of autel xhorse keydiy

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    To conclude ...
    Using different supplier of remotes might solve above issues
    Combination of autel xhorse keydiy
    xhorse and keydiy pretty much use same database , as you will see from the suzuki swift post above , same issue using 1 x xhorse and 1 x keydiy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

fuzz1 (27th June, 2024)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    xhorse and keydiy pretty much use same database , as you will see from the suzuki swift post above , same issue using 1 x xhorse and 1 x keydiy
    Yes, as above I done a KD remote then when i generated an XH super remote the remote could open the central locking & start the engine without even programming it to the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12