Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by alunfennell View Post
    I have DreamElite 1.3 running grand on my one, But the First Dreamelite 1.1 & 1.4 for the DB500HD are not to be trusted.

DreamElite Team are Banging out new revised Images for the 500HD nearly once a Month and the main reason for this is there were serious Flaws in the Images.

There Latest 1.3 & 1.3.3 seem to be running stable.

All the Early Images were based on the theory that the receivers architecture would not differ very much from the DM8000 and to some degree with the 800 but these Image teams got it compleatly wrong.

Gemini who are Payed by Dream to develop Images for Dream-multimedia products were late out of the traps with an image for the 500HD all images are based on the Gemini images thus fixing the early attempts by other 3rd party developers.

No Team will acknowledge they use the Gemini base code but most do, and this is the main reason why early 500hd images screwed up the receivers because they lacked the Gemini base code to operate on the new receiver.
    you seem an expert about these stuff
    from what you know, do you really think that there is nothing wrong with 500hd's harware but only flawed image?
    btw when do you expect that we see 800hd se available and is it worth waiting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Ok firstly everything thats made especially electronics will have problems with a new build , and Failures will of course happen with the hardware, but after an month or so production & RMA will have put in place screening for the faults reported by customers.

When the Dm500hd was released !

A. There should have been no Images available, because the Hardware was unknown and the systems architecture differed from previous Models a cross between the DM8000 & the DM800, But with in Days of release Images from 3rd party developers were all over the net.

B. These developers are not Payed to build official Images for Dream-Multimedia, and used nothing but Guess work to building the early Images, basing the architecture on previous Dreambox Receivers.

C. Gemini are officially the Software side of Dream-Multimedia and build official Images commercially for Dream, They did not officially release a Image for the 500HD for well over a month after the receiver was released.

A lot of People bought these receivers before Gemini released 5.0, So what were they all using ?

(Answer)
    They were using Bad Images that were made with little or now Knowledge of the new Hardware introduced.

Dream Did Issue a Statement !

That Defective Receivers found to have 3rd party Software on them were null & Void of Warranty, This is funny coming from a Company that base there receivers running on all kinds of Images for the past ten year.

All of this points to faulty Images been the major Issue with the 500-Hd and not so much the Hardware although the Image developers would like to claim its the Hardware, one thing is for sure there has been a sudden decline in many forums relating to faulty 500 HD since Gemini 5.0 was released simply because its a building block for other 3rd party Image developers who screwed it all up in the first place.

The 800HD se will not be released until 2011 January-February, Dream take a long time developing these receivers, Yeah It will be a future proof bit of kit and most users will get 6-8 years out of it ! its worth waiting for ...

At least Everyone will Know not to load early 3rd party Images onto it after its released.
    Last edited by alunfennell; 8th June, 2010 at 02:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alunfennell View Post
    Yeah It will be a future proof bit of kit and most users will get 6-8 years out of it ! its worth waiting for ...
    how many years do you think we get from 500hd?
    p.s: i dont know wether buy 500hd or 800hd or even wait for 800hd se?
    thanks
    Last edited by accordingly; 8th June, 2010 at 08:26 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

where can we find the dreamelite 1.3 or 1.3.3 image for the dm500hd as its not to be seen n the d/load section. can only see 1.0 bh ?
    Last edited by gji25; 8th June, 2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

With the 400mzh processor the 500hd will last for year and is future proof as much as the 500SD was 8 years ago, not forgetting the original 500 works pretty well for an old receiver still.

The 500HD is more powerfull than the current 800HD, the only differance with the 500HD & the new 800HD-se will be the USB ports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the same problem with my dream500hd [for second time] green led always on - fan isn't working and
    it won't boot .
    I was using GEMINI flash .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by accordingly View Post
    how many years do you think we get from 500hd?
    p.s: i dont know wether buy 500hd or 800hd or even wait for 800hd se?
    thanks
    Personally I wouldn't go for any of them, I would go for the VU+ DUO which is available now and is currently the most popular receiver in Europe! Have a read up on them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sat-Shop View Post
    Personally I wouldn't go for any of them, I would go for the VU+ DUO which is available now and is currently the most popular receiver in Europe! Have a read up on them...
    honestly i dont think vu+ would have same future software support (for future's problems) like dreambox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Really? Why not? They use the same Enigma2 open source firmware.... AND the manufacturers response to bugs has been nothing short of amazing, which is then soon followed by third party image updates.
    Last edited by Sat-Shop; 8th June, 2010 at 07:42 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

still did,nt answer the question about the 1.3 firmware ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nasa32 View Post
    I have the same problem with my dream500hd [for second time] green led always on - fan isn't working and
    it won't boot .
    I was using GEMINI flash .
    Gemini 5.0
    And tell me did you go to Menu-Setup-system & fan control and switch it on ? because most people are unaware that the fan is at the Min-setting and when the receiver is in standby the fan is actually disabled all of this is set as default, meaning the processor is over heating and can rise to 65c + if not changed, thus frying parts of your receiver in no time.

Dreamelite have not fixed there fan control on there images (Defaut images), these image as well switches off the fan in standby and can reach 40c +, its not know what temp the system actually runs at when operational because none of the gages work on the Dreamelite.

If you let your hardware over heat failure will happen.....

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

nice one m8 we take it that when a fan is in a box it works,very good point made adjust the speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12