Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dismay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, since this shower give me no information unless I contact them, I just tried to call them on the number listed on their website only to receive the following message,

"Sorry we could not take your call, please e-mail us at Skywonder etc, etc."
    (I'm still awaiting replies to e-mails I sent to them over 3 days ago)

Today is the 7th working day since they received the faulty Open Media 500cs back at their retuns dept, and despite being promised a replacement quickly, (Two days from date of receipt of returned unit was mentioned) I am ?109 worse off and still without the item which was advertised and paid for,

Regards,
    The Soulman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update.

After attempting to call them on Friday 28/08/09 (See above post) I was called back and spoke directly with a guy from Skywonder.
    (Though not support)

I explained the current situation and asked him for a phone number for the support team
    (They only provide an e-mail address on their website) so as I could talk to them directly / find out exactly were the hell my replacement box was / any update on the current status of the issuing of a replacement / how much longer I might have to wait.
    (At that point, I had been waiting 7 working days since the day they received the faulty item back at their returns dept)

He asked me for a returns reference number which I duly provided, after apparently checking his computer he informed me that he had received a e-mail from the returns dept that very morning (I'm shocked ) stating that the box was indeed faulty.
    (Well, blow me down )

He promised to send the replacement out to me and would pay the extra cost of next day delivery on a Saturday.
    (How long might I have waited for a replacement if I had not contacted them ??????)
    The box duly arrived on Saturday and is now installed / up and running with the DK 1.1 cable image.
    They have promised to this week, refund the cost to me (?8.65) of sending the faulty unit back to them.
    (I did point out, rather strongly, in a previous e-mail to support, that, upon delivery to me, the item was "Not fit for purpose")
    I must admit, they appear to be at least trying to atone for their
    previously very shabby / unacceptable treatment of a paying customer (Me).

l will await receipt of the said refund and update the thread accordingly,

Regards,
    The Soulman.
    Last edited by The Soulman; 31st August, 2009 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a sorry saga that was i've been following this and i'm glad it's finally sorted (well nearly!) for you Soulman.

You've certainly been 'through' it! nothing worse than bad publicity on here - if/when i come to get a new box i'll be avoiding these cowboys like the plague!!

Thanks for the warning!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by owen7 View Post
    What a sorry saga that was i've been following this and i'm glad it's finally sorted (well nearly!) for you Soulman.

You've certainly been 'through' it! nothing worse than bad publicity on here - if/when i come to get a new box i'll be avoiding these cowboys like the plague!!

Thanks for the warning!
    alrite mate, how is the box going.. no problems with my open media box at all .. very pleased with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfish View Post
    alrite mate, how is the box going.. no problems with my open media box at all .. very pleased with it
    alrite jelly! yeah it was going ok thanks very much untill a few hours ago when all i get on turning it on is a thanks for choosing PLI Jade green welcome screen!

I'm not gonna shout for help just yet untill i get a chance to re-flash it, fingers crossed that solves it.

Overall very impressed though mate, apart from this minor glitch.

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

You need to reflash mate, bad flash.

Read the Rules here; they apply to Everyone.

I appreciate all the help people give. I spent many years helping others, now it's me who needs the help.
    Before the 2010 reset on the DK thanks count, I had over 3,000 thanks received and over 500 given

TM500
    DM500s
    90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 Motor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .: JaCkPoT :. View Post
    You need to reflash mate, bad flash.
    T'was strange though as it was working perfectly... then again that was before i arsed about in the settings and started pulling cables out!

I shall reflash it when i get the chance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123